... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to
11 am MST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow... which is in effect from
2 PM this afternoon to 11 am MST Sunday. The Winter Storm Watch is
no longer in effect.
* Location... eastern Sawatch and western mosquito ranges above
11000 feet... including Fremont and Monarch passes.
* Cause and timing... a moist Pacific jet stream will produce heavy
snow and blowing snow from late this afternoon through Sunday
* Snow accumulation... 8 to 18 inches with locally higher amounts
* Wind... west 20 to 40 occasionally gusting to 60 mph across the
higher peaks and passes.
* Impact... travel conditions will deteriorate this afternoon and
remain difficult to impossible through Sunday morning as roads
become snowpacked and visibilities drop to under 1/2 mile in
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.