... Fire weather watches in effect each afternoon and evening
Tuesday through Thursday for gusty winds and low humidity from the
Sierra front in Douglas County north to the Oregon border...
The National Weather Service in Reno has issued fire weather
watches for gusty winds and low humidity for the afternoon and
evening periods each day Tuesday through Thursday.
* Affected area... fire zone 270 Surprise Valley California, fire
zone 278 eastern Lassen County, fire zone 450 western Nevada
Sierra front and fire zone 458 northern Washoe County.
* Winds... for Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon-evening: southwest
winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts around 30 mph. Wind prone spots
could hit 35 mph. For Thursday afternoon-evening: southwest
winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Wind prone areas
gusting to 40 mph.
* Confidence level: medium. Simulations are varying some on the
forecast wind intensity and which day will have the strongest
winds. Therefore the timeline given above could change.
* Humidity... afternoon humidity will bottom out at 8 to 15%.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity before first
responders can contain them.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation... such as yard work... target shooting... or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.Gov/Reno for
updates and livingwithfire.Info for preparedness tips.