The Flood Warning continues for
the Vermilion river at Lafayette, Surrey street gage.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 7:15 PM Saturday the stage was 15.6 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to a stage of 14.9 feet
by Monday morning.
* Impact... at stages near 16.0 feet... widespread major flooding will
occur with numerous homes and roads flooded throughout Lafayette
down stream to Abbeville and Perry. Large areas of inundation as
result of backwater flooding of the coulees that drain in the
* Impact... at stages near 14.6 feet... widespread moderate flooding
will occur with a few homes flooded near the river or from
backwater flooding of the coulees and bayou that intersect the
* Impact... at stages near 14.0 feet... moderate flooding in
Lafayette, with significant flooding near where coulees and bayous
intersect the Vermilion river.
* Impact... at stages near 13.5 feet... flooding of some yards near
the river will occur. Significant flooding of Beaver Park and
Vermilionville will occur.
* Impact... at stages near 11.5 feet... minor flooding of Beaver Park
and Vermilionville near the river will occur.
* Impact... at stages near 10.0 feet... minor flooding of heymann park
off of Highway 90 will occur.
Lat... Lon 3031 9204 3000 9227 2987 9219 2988 9206
3022 9190 3031 9191