Coastal Hazard Statement, Coastal Flood Advisory
3:35 PM EDT
National Weather Service
... High rip current risk now in effect through Wednesday
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM EDT this
* location... low-lying coastal areas of southeast South Carolina.
* Tide levels... peaking between 7.0 to 7.2 MLLW at the Charleston
* Timing... the Charleston high tide is at 728 PM. Minor coastal
flooding is expected around the time of high tide.
* Impacts... inundation of saltwater in and near low-lying
coastal areas could lead to some Road closures and flooding of
* Rip currents... wind and wave conditions support the
development of very strong rip currents. These rip currents
will be life threatening to anyone who enters the surf.
Be prepared for the possibility of Road closures and minor
flooding of properties. If travel is necessary... do not attempt
to drive through water of unknown depth.
No one should enter the surf due to life threatening rip