Lake Effect Snow Advisory
9:23 PM EST
National Weather Service
... Lake effect Snow Advisory remains in effect until 9 am EST
* locations... northern Erie County. Greatest amounts close to
Lake Erie from South Buffalo into the southtowns.
* Timing... from late this evening through late Sunday morning.
* Accumulations... 2 to 4 inches overnight and an inch or less
Sunday... leading to storm totals of 3 to 5 inches in the most
persistent lake snows.
* Winds... southwest 5 to 10 mph.
* Visibilities... as low as a quarter mile at times.
* Impacts... lake effect snow will produce accumulations of snow
on area roadways and poor visibilities at times... resulting in
hazardous travel conditions.
In lake effect snow the weather can vary from locally heavy snow
in narrow bands to clear skies just a few miles away. If you will
be traveling across the region be prepared for rapid changes in
Road and visibility conditions.
Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service in
Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov... posting
to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page... or tweet... using the hashtag