... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 PM Sunday to 6 am EST
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow sleet and freezing rain... which is in
effect from 1 PM Sunday to 6 am EST Monday.
* Locations... near Interstate 78 from the vicinity of reading
through the Lehigh Valley into north central New Jersey.
* Hazard types... snow to ice.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of up to 1 inch or so... along
with around a tenth of an inch of freezing rain.
* Timing... light snow should begin midday Sunday or during the
afternoon and may end for a time Sunday evening, before starting
up as a bit heavier snow or sleet around midnight. Precipitation
should change to freezing rain by 4 am and then non freezing
rain around 6 am Monday.
* Impacts... ice and snow accumulations should create areas of
slippery Road conditions on all untreated surfaces.
* Winds... southeast 5 to 10 mph.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to lower 30s Sunday rising
slowly early Monday.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather Service
by calling our trained spotter line... posting to the NWS Mount
Holly facebook Page... or using twitter @nwsmountholly.
Snowfall and ice accumulation forecast maps in addition to
experimental probabilistic snowfall information for the latest
event are available online at www.Weather.Gov/phi/winter