High Wind Warning, Dense Fog Advisory
2:03 PM EST
National Weather Service
... Dense fog advisory until 10 PM EST this evening...
... High Wind Warning from 1 am to 7 PM EST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a High Wind
Warning, which is in effect from 1 am to 7 PM EST Thursday. The
Wind Advisory is no longer in effect.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Locations... include south coastal Rhode Island and Massachusetts
including Narragansett Bay and offshore islands.
* Fog timing and impacts... dense fog will continue into early
this evening. Dense fog will make for hazardous travel.
* Winds... westerly 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Timing... the strongest winds expected into sunrise Thursday
continuing through Thursday afternoon. Winds should begin to
diminish into Thursday evening.
* Impacts... downed trees and tree limbs expected. Isolated to
scattered power outages.
A High Wind Warning is issued when sustained winds of 40 mph are
expected for at least one hour, with gusts of 58 mph or greater
at any time. Damage to trees, power lines, and property are
possible with winds of this magnitude. Power outages are likely.
Take action to secure loose outdoor objects.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile, for at least 3 hours. If
driving, slow down, use your headlights, and leave plenty of
distance ahead of you.