... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
Saturday evening for gusty winds and low humidity for fire
weather zones 639... 641... and 675...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Fire
Weather Watch... which is in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Saturday evening.
* Affected area... in Washington... fire weather zones 639... 641 and
675 covering the eastern Columbia River gorge and most of
Klickitat County... the lower Columbia Basin... the Yakima
Valley... and the Blue Mountain foothills. In Oregon... fire
weather zones 639 and 641 covering the eastern Columbia River
gorge... the lower Columbia Basin... and the Blue Mountain
* Timing... winds will increase in the eastern Columbia River gorge
around noon then over the remainder of the watch area by mid
* Wind... southwest to west wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35
mph. The strongest wind will occur in the eastern Columbia River
* Humidity... 15 to 25 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
The grassy areas will easily ignite with vehicle exhaust.
Outdoor burning is not recommended. Keep vehicles with a hot
exhaust off of dry grass.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.