Winter Storm Warning, Freeze Warning
9:59 PM PST
National Weather Service
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 1 PM Friday to
10 am PST Saturday...
* snow accumulations... 6 to 12 inches.
* Elevation... above 2000 feet.
* Timing... snow showers will begin late Friday morning and
continue through Friday night. Snowfall rates will become
moderate to heavy Friday evening through Friday night.
* Locations include... Curry County coastal mountains.
* Impacts... those traveling, working, or recreating in this area
will see difficult travel conditions due to snowfall that will
create slippery, snow covered roads, and reduce visibilities
to less than a half mile or less, at times.
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* If you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* The safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* A Winter Storm Warning means that severe winter weather is
imminent and poses a threat to life and property. Take
protective action now.
757 PM PST Thu Feb 23 2017
... Freeze warning remains in effect from midnight tonight to 8 am
* temperature... will drop below 32 degrees for 4 hours.
* Locations include... areas near the Curry County coast
* Impacts... freezing conditions can damage or kill crops and
other sensitive vegetation.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other