... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 PM this evening to
11 am EDT Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow across the northern Adirondack region of
New York... which is in effect from 6 PM this evening until 11 am
* Locations... northern Adirondacks of New York.
* Hazard types... wet snow.
* Accumulations... up to 3 to 5 inches of heavy wet snow.
* Maximum snowfall rate... up to 1 inch per hour... mainly during
the overnight hours.
* Timing... rain will gradually change to wet snow during the late
afternoon and early evening hours. Periods of snow will continue
through the overnight hours, which will be when most of the snow
accumulation will occur. Lingering snow will taper off to snow
showers mid to late Sunday morning.
* Impacts... difficult travel due to wet and slushy snow
accumulation on roadways... and periods of low visibility.
* Winds... west 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Temperatures... falling through the 30s this afternoon... lows in
the upper 20s to lower 30s for tonight.
* Visibilities... less than one half mile at times tonight.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads
and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this