Lake Effect Snow Advisory
3:59 AM EST
National Weather Service
... Lake effect Snow Advisory in effect from 1 am Friday to 6 am
The National Weather Service in Buffalo has issued a lake effect
Snow Advisory... which is in effect from 1 am Friday to 6 am EST
Saturday. The lake effect snow watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations... Monroe. Greatest amounts from the eastern suburbs of
Rochester eastward toward Wayne County.
* Timing... from late tonight through late Friday night.
* Accumulations... 1 to 2 inches late tonight... 1 to 3 inches
Friday... and 3 to 5 inches Friday night... leading to storm
totals of 4 to 8 inches in the most persistent lake snows.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph.
* Visibilities... as low as a quarter mile at times.
* Impacts... lake effect snow will lead to accumulations of snow on
area roadways and very poor visibilities at times... resulting in
difficult travel conditions.
In lake effect snow the weather can vary from locally heavy snow
in narrow bands to clear skies just a few miles away. If you will
be traveling across the region be prepared for rapid changes in
Road and visibility conditions.
Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service in
Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov... posting
to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page... or tweet... using the hashtag