The National Weather Service in Anchorage has extended the
* small stream Flood Advisory for...
small streams and rivers in and around Seward... including the
* Until 400 PM akdt Tuesday
* around one inch of rain has already fallen in Seward over the past
24 hours with higher amounts in the mountainous terrain around
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Seward... Exit Glacier.
* Additional rainfall of 1 to 2 inches is forecast through noon
tomorrow with additional water level rises on the resurrection
river possible. This additional rain will cause minor flooding.
* The resurrection river is currently rising and will likely crest
near or possibly above the action stage of 16.0 feet tonight.
Typically the Seward Airport begins to be impacted by flooding at
this level. Water levels on other small streams in the area are
currently low... but are expected to rise significantly over the
next 24 hours.
* Rain will cause considerable ponding of water in low lying
areas... near culverts... and along small creeks and drainages.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
safely. Move to higher ground.
A Flood Advisory means river or stream flows are elevated... or
ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or is imminent.
Do not attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes.
It takes only a few inches of swiftly flowing water to carry vehicles
Lat... Lon 6006 14907 5999 14919 6002 14908 5995 14907
5995 14928 6012 14942 5996 14944 5996 14982
6034 14966 6032 14907