... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 11 am Thursday to 1 am
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 11 am
Thursday to 1 am PST Friday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 5 inches.
* Ice accumulations... less than a tenth of an inch.
* Locations... Boardman... Hermiston... Ione... Pendleton... Pilot
* Snow level... basin floor.
* Temperatures... in the lower to mid 20s.
* Timing... snow will develop late Thursday morning then increase
in intensity Thursday afternoon and Thursday evening. In
addition... a light wintry mix of snow... sleet and freezing rain
is expected Thursday night and Friday morning.
* Impacts... area roadways will be snow covered and slick.
Localized blowing snow will be possible.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while