... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 7 am to 10 PM PST
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Winter
Storm Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 7 am to 10
PM PST Thursday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations... Dufur... Maupin.
* Snow level... valley floors then increasing to 2000 feet Thursday
* Snow accumulations... 4 to 8 inches with the heaviest
accumulation near the Columbia River gorge.
* Ice accumulations... up to a tenth of an inch.
* Timing... snow will develop by mid morning on Thursday then
increase in intensity Thursday afternoon. In addition... a wintry
mix of snow... sleet and freezing rain can be expected Thursday
* Impacts... area roadways will be snow covered and slick.
* Winds... east-northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph may
cause local blowing and drifting of snow.
* Hazard elevation... all elevations.
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.