... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am Wednesday to 10 PM PDT
Thursday for gusty winds, low relative humidity, and dry
thunderstorms for fire weather zones 455 and 470...
The National Weather Service in Elko has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds, low relative humidity, and dry
thunderstorms... which is in effect from 11 am Wednesday to 10 PM
PDT Thursday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 455 White Pine County and
fire weather zone 470 eastern Elko County.
* Winds... south 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Winds will
decrease below red flag criteria late Wednesday evening through
Thursday morning before increasing above criteria again Thursday
* Relative humidity... as low as 11 percent.
* Thunderstorm coverage... isolated thunderstorms moving from the
southwest up to 30 mph. Small rain cores will not prevent new
lightning starts. Thunderstorms will die out late Wednesday
evening through early Thursday morning, then become isolated
again Thursday afternoon.
* Outflow winds... 35 to 50 mph.
* Impacts... the combination of gusty winds and low humidity...
along with dry lightning and strong outflow winds... will
create critical fire weather conditions. In addition...
extremely dry fuels are in place.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.