... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Thursday afternoon
through Friday afternoon...
* locations... Republic, Inchelium, Wauconda, Chesaw Road,
Highway 20 Wauconda Summit, Boulder Creek Road, Sherman Pass,
Sandpoint, Athol, Bonners Ferry, Priest River, Eastport,
schweitzer Mountain Road, Leavenworth, Mazama, Twisp,
Winthrop, Stehekin, Conconully, Blewett Pass, Loup Loup pass,
Colville, Deer Park, Chewelah, Newport, Kettle Falls,
Springdale-hunters Road, Orin-Rice Road, and flowery trail
* Snow accumulations... 5 to 8 inches of snow in the valleys and
in the mountains 10 to 20 inches. Heaviest accumulations in
* Timing... light snow will begin in the Cascades Thursday
afternoon and begin over the northern mountains Thursday
evening. Snow will increase Thursday night before decreasing
Friday evening. Another round of snow is possible Saturday.
* Impacts... heavy snow accumulation on roads will make travel
difficult and treacherous especially approaching mountain
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.