... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Thursday afternoon
through Friday afternoon...
* locations... Moscow, Plummer, Potlatch, Genesee, Coeur D'Alene,
Post Falls, Hayden, Worley, Wenatchee, Chelan, Entiat,
Cashmere, Omak, Okanogan, Brewster, Bridgeport, Oroville,
Nespelem, Disautel pass, Waterville, Mansfield, Badger
Mountain Road, Pullman, Colfax, Rosalia, La Crosse, Oakesdale,
Tekoa, Uniontown, Ritzville, Grand Coulee, Odessa, Wilbur,
Coulee City, Moses Lake, Ephrata, Othello, Quincy, Spokane,
Cheney, Davenport, and Rockford.
* Snow accumulations... 4 to 7 inches. Highest amounts near the
Cascades and over Idaho. Lowest amounts near Moses Lake.
* Timing... light snow will begin Thursday afternoon or early
evening and taper off to scattered snow showers late Friday
afternoon or evening. Another round of snow is possible
* Impacts... heavy snow accumulation on area roads will make
driving difficult and treacherous. The Friday morning commute
period will be particularly impacted.
* Winds... east 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.