... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late Wednesday night through
The National Weather Service in Grand Rapids has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from late Wednesday night
through Friday afternoon.
* snow showers will pick up in coverage and intensity overnight
* Localized heavier snow bands will become likely... with 1 to 2
inch per hour snow rates possible from late Wednesday night
* West to northwest winds of 15 to 25 mph with higher gusts will
produce some blowing and drifting snow.
* Some localized areas could see a foot or more of snow from
Wednesday night through Friday.
* roads will become snow covered and slick toward the Thursday
morning commute and last through Friday.
* Commute times to destinations will become longer than normal.
* Visibilities could drop to near zero at times under the heavier
bands and in blowing and drifting snow.
* at this time... hazardous winter weather is likely but not
imminent. Travel conditions may deteriorate quickly if
hazardous winter weather does occur... so it is important to
monitor the latest forecasts.
* Weather preparedness information is available on line at