... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 PM this evening to
6 PM EST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 10 PM this
evening to 6 PM EST Sunday.
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches, with locally
higher amounts possible.
* Timing... snow will overspread the area between 10 PM and 1 am
tonight. Snow will continue overnight through early afternoon
Sunday and then will mix with or change to rain by late
afternoon. The heaviest period of snow is expected to occur late
tonight through Sunday morning.
* Impacts... travel difficulties are expected due to reduced
visibilities and snow accumulations, particularly overnight
tonight and Sunday morning.
* Winds... south 5 to 10 mph tonight, increasing to 10 to 15 mph
* Temperatures... in the mid to upper 20s tonight and Sunday
morning, rising into the lower 30s Sunday afternoon.
Use caution if traveling. Roads will be slippery and visibility
may be limited. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite
source of information for the latest updates. Additional details
can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/iln as well as on our
facebook and twitter pages.