Winter Storm Watch, Winter Storm Warning
2:38 PM MST
National Weather Service
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 PM MST this
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Sunday afternoon.
* Locations include the cities of... Aspen... Vail... Snowmass.
* Timing... snow... heavy at times... will continue through this
afternoon before diminishing in intensity by 6 PM. Light snow
will continue into tonight. Snow coverage and intensity then
increases Saturday afternoon and persists through Sunday
afternoon with the next arriving storm.
* Snow accumulation... 2 to 4 inches through mid evening. Storm
total snowfall of 8 to 16 inches... with locally higher
amounts... possible with the next storm arriving Saturday
afternoon through Sunday.
* Snow level... near 7500 feet... accumulations may be limited up
to 8000 feet through Saturday afternoon.
* Winds... west 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph near 9000
feet. Gusts over 65 mph possible over 12000 feet.
* Impacts... expect icy and snowpacked roads... especially over
Vail Pass. Areas of blowing snow will reduce visibility at
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected or occurring. Strong winds and blowing snow are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.