... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from noon today to
noon EST Monday...
* locations... all of central New York and Bradford...
Susquehanna... and northern Wayne counties in northeast
* Hazard types... snow this afternoon through tonight. Light glaze
of ice possible early Monday in higher elevations of twin tiers.
* Accumulations... 2 to 4 inches of snow for lower elevations, and
3 to 6 inches of snow at higher elevations as well as areas
generally east of Interstate 81. Less than a tenth of an inch of
ice also possible for higher elevations of the twin tiers.
* Timing... light snow will develop this afternoon and then pick up
into tonight when most of the accumulation will occur. Snow will
mix with rain and perhaps briefly freezing rain Monday morning.
Precipitation will diminish quickly Monday morning.
* Impacts... snow covered roads and possible ice causing travel
* Winds... south 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... mid to upper 20s this afternoon, warming into the
lower to mid 30s Monday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities... and use caution while driving.