Frost on the Sunny Spots

By: ycd0108 , 5:01 PM GMT on February 03, 2012

And vice versa this morning.
Bogon got me wandering around Wiki and Google looking for information about "Sunken Cities".
I was interested in geology and anthropology long before there was WU or much in the way of computers.
Now I can view images of cities under the sea (Aquaman Comics did this for me in the '50s, but as far as I know these pictures are taken of real artifacts).
Most of the best stuff is linked to Atlantis or theories of "Alien" influence.
I don't care where the information comes from and you are certainly welcome to put links or images up here.
Gonna have to go out and come back to edit.

6. ycd0108
10:02 PM GMT on February 03, 2012
Afternoon Rob: Frost where the Sun Don't shine would be uncomfortable if not a sign of an earlier demise.
I've been wondering about this topic - and some related topics - for years.
It's obvious that our present habit is to build on the margins of seas, oceans and lakes where rivers enter the larger body of water. Makes sense to me for a number of reasons.
Now that we know these margins were somewhere else not that long ago we know where to look. There is no point looking where glaciers more than a mile thick ground everything down to bedrock but some areas of continental shelves were ice free and above sea levels for quite a long stretch of time.
5. RobDaHood
8:31 PM GMT on February 03, 2012
"Frost on the Sunny Spots"
Well, I guess that's better than frost on the spots "where the sun don't shine"!

I've read some really interesting stuff about sunken cities in the past. Maybe I'll have some time to dig it up over the weekend. If I find something cool, I'll post it.

Fun Topic!
4. ycd0108
8:20 PM GMT on February 03, 2012
Found my paper map of the major differences in shorelines during and after the Glaciation around here but I can not find any internet link.
Did find this, though:
3. ycd0108
6:10 PM GMT on February 03, 2012
Watched the video, Pat. One thing I noticed was a change in the tone of the "experts".May have to do with editing.
I have looked at rocks in a few places, sometimes under water, around the whirl. I tend to go with the lady photographer.
2. Patrap
5:10 PM GMT on February 03, 2012
I dove here in 83 while Stationed in Okinawa.
It is unbelievable almost.

It spurred my deep interest in Time, History and Ancient Cities for sure.

The mysterious underwater pyramid structure at Yonaguni

1. toddluck
5:07 PM GMT on February 03, 2012
mornin

wegenering

About ycd0108

Now looking at the potential of humans (including myself) with regard to understanding complex natural phenomena.