Cold Won't Go Away

By: whitewabit , 8:38 PM GMT on January 16, 2013

Welcome to my blog!!! Comments are Welcomed !!!

THIS SITE Does NOT reflect the official forecasts of the National Hurricane Center, when making decisions, please heed the advisories and evacuation statements of your local National Weather Service Office and the National Hurricane Center

A little about my self -

I joined weather Underground in August of 2005 right after they opened the blogging feature. I have been a weather hobbyist since the middle 60's when I lived on the west coast of Florida, north of the Tampa Bay area. I currently live in a small community in central Illinois.

I have been through numerous Hurricanes during my life time. The worse being Hurricane Camille in August 17,1969, A Cat 5, where the eye passed over the location I was at. That being Biloxi, Ms when I was in the USAF stationed at Keesler AFB.

tracker

Thank You for visiting my blog !

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK

No activity at this time !

Locations of Site Visitors

Page: 1 | 2 | 3Blog Index

1:26 AM GMT on February 07, 2013
whitewabit has created a new entry.
117. palmettobug53
11:06 PM GMT on February 06, 2013
No, probably not.

Sometimes those low swooping fronts dust the Upstate a bit.

Here's the link to Rob's YouTube embed generator.

You right click on the video, as it starts to play and copy the URL. Put that in the first blank field at the top, click generate and then copy/paste the code. I use the first one. I'm not sure what the others are or what the difference is. Rob could probably tell you, if you're curious enough to know.

I came by to tell you that Phoebe is nesting again. They've changed the camera angle, so I don't know if she's building a new one or refurbishing the old one.
116. whitewabit
9:46 PM GMT on February 06, 2013
Quoting palmettobug53:
Sounds like it's still winter up there, wab.

Weather here will be in the mid 60's for the next week. Dad will be a bit cooler.

I may have about 30% chance rain driving up Friday. Will just have to cross my fingers and hope I miss most of it.

Will just have to wait and see how things progress as the week goes on.

Actually its going to be a little warmer this week with high temps in the low 40's ..

Is all the snow missing you ?? sounds like rain for you though ..
115. whitewabit
9:44 PM GMT on February 06, 2013
Quoting hurricanecrab:
Disclaimer: The foregoing is an off-topic, non-weather post.

I am SO taken with this group -- Walk Off The Earth. Here is a link (because, sadly, I cannot for the life of me recall the combobulations required to embed a youtube) of them doing a cover of the Goyte tune, Somebody That I Used to Know. I like it better than the original, and, hey, just for extra credit, it's all played with FIVE people on ONE guitar. Cool beans. Link

Oh hell, maybe I'll try the embed again. Ummm........ lessee now, carry the five........ nope, that didn't work. Nope, that either.

[insert primal chortle]

cheque out the link.

Hey guy .. you going to stay around for awhile ??

Some one has already showed me the video .. (My grandson) his band teacher showed it in class ..

they've changed the way to post youtube video's haven't fingered out how to do it either ..
114. palmettobug53
4:09 AM GMT on February 06, 2013
Sounds like it's still winter up there, wab.

Will just have to wait and see how things progress as the week goes on.
113. palmettobug53
4:03 AM GMT on February 06, 2013
Let's see... (You got mail!)

Here ya go, Crab:

112. hurricanecrab
3:20 AM GMT on February 06, 2013
Disclaimer: The foregoing is an off-topic, non-weather post.

[insert primal chortle]

cheque out the link.
111. palmettobug53
12:34 AM GMT on February 06, 2013
Crab freaked me out, too. He left a post over at my place.

No winter in the Southerlies? That does not bode well for the SSTs this season.
110. whitewabit
7:39 PM GMT on February 05, 2013
Quoting sandiquiz:
It was a wonderful spring-like day yesterday, when I was in court for most of it, made it up to almost 50. Overnight it dropped to 28 and gave us a frost and snow is due to descended in many areas today, when I am not needed in the jury box! TYPICAL!

Keep smiling... and keep warm!

LOL .. that would be my luck too .. Hopefully the week will go by fast and the jury duty will be done with !!
109. sandiquiz
9:51 AM GMT on February 05, 2013

Keep smiling... and keep warm!
108. whitewabit
9:28 PM GMT on February 04, 2013
Made it up to 37 today after a low last night of 25 degrees .. most of the little bit of snow we had on the ground has melted ..

Updated: 32 min 51 sec ago
Overcast
30 °F
Overcast
Windchill: 22 °F
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 23 °F
Wind: 8 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 18 mph
Pressure: 29.90 in (Steady)
107. whitewabit
9:25 PM GMT on February 04, 2013
Darn Crab .. You about gave me a heart attack .. your post was such a surprise !! Good to hear from you ... whats it been 2 years or more ..

You need to have winter down there .. SST's could be a worry this summer ..

Been three years since we've gotten apples .. early warm spells and late frosts have gotten them ..

Good hearing from you .. Don't be a stranger .. well any stranger anyway .. lol
106. hurricanecrab
2:06 AM GMT on February 04, 2013
heya brother........ weather has seemed......... strange for the past coupla years. Granted, I occasionally don my foil hat, however it seems like it's been windy ......... continually........ for the past 4 years. Now, that's not an unhappy thang fo rus since we run much of our house off a wind genny (and PV panels)..... but, dang! Burn days are rare here.

Not only that........ some rat bastards stole our winter. We usually get at least 5 days of 50 degree weather. It hasn't even dropped down to the 70's this whole "winter".

I'm not complainin', mind you, but I can't help worrying a tad about the SSTs.

Hope you get a heat snap soon, Wabit. Dem apples need some warmin'.
105. whitewabit
7:02 PM GMT on February 03, 2013
A bright sunny day .. just wish it was 50 degrees warmer ..

Peoria, Illinois (Airport)
Updated: 5 min 7 sec ago
Clear
26 °F
Clear
Windchill: 14 °F
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 13 °F
Wind: 15 mph from the WNW
Wind Gust: 22 mph
Pressure: 30.14 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
104. whitewabit
6:01 AM GMT on February 03, 2013
Quoting palmettobug53:
WAKE UP, WAB!

LOL .. wrong animal ..
103. whitewabit
6:01 AM GMT on February 03, 2013
Quoting juslivn:
12 degrees and it appears we have enough snow to mess up the roads :) It really looks like winter here now with 3 more clippers due to come in. Did you get snow?

Going down to 15 tonight with windchill near 0 tonight.. maybe got 2 inches .. no problem with roads ..
102. whitewabit
5:58 AM GMT on February 03, 2013
Quoting Skyepony:
26º with 90% humidity.. That's bone chilling.

Don't want to be out in it very long ..
101. juslivn
3:40 PM GMT on February 02, 2013
100. Skyepony (Mod)
3:33 PM GMT on February 02, 2013
26º with 90% humidity.. That's bone chilling.
99. palmettobug53
3:14 PM GMT on February 02, 2013
WAKE UP, WAB!
98. palmettobug53
1:35 AM GMT on February 02, 2013
Eeek!

You're going down to 9F tonight? Here I was, thinking our 28F was going to be cold.

At least all that wind has died down for us; it's only about 6 mph now. Nothing like the last two days.
97. whitewabit
10:27 PM GMT on February 01, 2013
Quoting sandiquiz:
Brrrr... You do have the cold!
The only cold I have is probably the germs I probably picked up in a stuffy room, just big enough for 12, due to two of the twelve snuffling and sneezing for four days!! Lol

Keep warm :-)

Yes, the cold decided to give us a call .. the next few weeks are usually the coldest part of winter for us ..

Doctor yourself up this weekend as I see from your blog you have duty again next week ..
96. whitewabit
10:23 PM GMT on February 01, 2013
The over night temperature dropped to 1 degree early this morning and has only recovered to 17 for the high today .. going down to 10 degrees for tonight's low .. but the wind chill will still be dangerous at -5 to -10 degrees .. have an 80% chance of snow tonight with forecast of 2 inches ..
95. sandiquiz
3:59 PM GMT on February 01, 2013
Brrrr... You do have the cold!

Keep warm :-)
94. whitewabit
10:41 AM GMT on February 01, 2013
Statement as of 3:45 AM CST on February 01, 2013

... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 10 am CST this
morning...

A Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 10 am CST this
morning.

* Wind chill values... 15 to 20 below zero.

* Temperatures... observed temperatures are expected to settle to
around zero by sunrise.

* Winds... west to northwest winds of 15 to 20 mph and gusts to
around 25 mph will occur this morning.

* Impacts... frost bite can occur on exposed skin in 25 to 30
minutes under these conditions.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and
gloves... and minimize as much exposed skin as possible.
93. whitewabit
4:52 AM GMT on February 01, 2013
Temps continue to slowly drop ..

Peoria, Illinois (Airport)
Updated: 12 min 0 sec ago
Light Snow
5 °F
Light Snow
Windchill: -15 °F
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: -4 °F
Wind: 20 mph from the WNW
Wind Gust: 28 mph
Pressure: 30.26 in (Falling)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
92. whitewabit
3:59 AM GMT on February 01, 2013
Quoting palmettobug53:
You yelled, "WHOA" too loud and scared all the deer away from the feeder cam!

LOL .. had my wife come take a look and count them too .. to be sure I wasn't seeing things .. I think there was one more but she was way back in the shadows .. and we weren't really sure if it was a deer .. so didn't count it .. I refreshed it twice and they were all gone but 2 ..
91. palmettobug53
2:50 AM GMT on February 01, 2013
You yelled, "WHOA" too loud and scared all the deer away from the feeder cam!
90. whitewabit
1:18 AM GMT on February 01, 2013
Quoting palmettobug53:
Good to hear you got some soaking rain but lookit your current temps! Yikes.

Its more of a Brrrr then a Yike ..
89. palmettobug53
1:11 AM GMT on February 01, 2013
Good to hear you got some soaking rain but lookit your current temps! Yikes.
88. whitewabit
12:21 AM GMT on February 01, 2013
Quoting Ylee:

Okaaay, but I'm not sure how this is going to work! ;' )

LOL .. He does look warmer .. nice brush down after his shower and he'll look like a new horse ..
87. Ylee
11:25 PM GMT on January 31, 2013
Quoting whitewabit:
going to zero or below tonight for the low with wind chills -15 to -20 .. ..

will be very cold for the kids waiting on buses in the morning !!

Please, Please, bring your animals in from the cold !!!

Okaaay, but I'm not sure how this is going to work! ;' )

86. whitewabit
10:55 PM GMT on January 31, 2013
Quoting juslivn:
Brrrrrr is right! 9 here. Wind chill 1 degree. Going down to about -20 wind chill tomorrow.

Very dangerous wind chills .. hope all the buses start and no child is left waiting for their bus in the morning .. happened down here last week ..

Peoria, Illinois (Airport)
Updated: 13 min 48 sec ago
Mostly Cloudy
11 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: -6 °F
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 0 °F
Wind: 17 mph from the WNW
Wind Gust: 28 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Falling)
85. juslivn
10:51 PM GMT on January 31, 2013
84. whitewabit
8:37 PM GMT on January 31, 2013
going to zero or below tonight for the low with wind chills -15 to -20 .. ..

will be very cold for the kids waiting on buses in the morning !!

Please, Please, bring your animals in from the cold !!!
83. whitewabit
8:34 PM GMT on January 31, 2013
BRRRR

Peoria, Illinois (Airport)
Updated: 29 min 48 sec ago
Mostly Cloudy
14 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: -1 °F
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 3 °F
Wind: 15 mph from the WNW
Wind Gust: 26 mph
Pressure: 30.01 in (Rising)
82. whitewabit
11:15 PM GMT on January 30, 2013
Quoting Ylee:
We only had about an inch, but with over 4" for the month, we're in good shape!

Front has just passed, with a very noticeable drop in temp!

12 here tomorrow night? That oughta put the frogs that awoke the past couple of days into shock!

Glad you got some good rain!

Dropping down to 12 here also tonight .. what a change from the 64 degree high yesterday .. We would love to have gotten 4 inches for the month but we will finish the month ahead ..

Only 18 forecast for Thursday and then dropping down to -3 degrees overnight .. will be the first time in about 2 years ..
81. Ylee
11:09 PM GMT on January 30, 2013
We only had about an inch, but with over 4" for the month, we're in good shape!

Front has just passed, with a very noticeable drop in temp!

Glad you got some good rain!
80. whitewabit
9:58 PM GMT on January 30, 2013
Quoting ILwthrfan:

I dumped 1.5" yesterday and I'm south of Champaign. It was a good statewide soaking. A much needed one at that!

Yes it was .. we have been missed by the last few storms either going north or south of us in the Peoria area ..
79. ILwthrfan
9:12 PM GMT on January 30, 2013
Quoting whitewabit:
We have gotten 2.03 inches of much needed rain in the last two days .. with very little to no run off .. all of it soaked into the ground ..

78. whitewabit
9:10 PM GMT on January 30, 2013
77. whitewabit
9:06 PM GMT on January 30, 2013
What a difference a day makes .. 64 degrees for high yesterday .. has only made it up to 31 so far today ..
76. whitewabit
2:59 AM GMT on January 30, 2013
Quoting palmettobug53:
Sounds like some nasty weather, wab.

We're warm but there's a wind advisory out for tomorrow.

Just rain now Bug .. had a few bouts of heavy rain this afternoon but nothing to bad ..

1.47 inches so far of much needed rain !!
75. palmettobug53
1:04 AM GMT on January 30, 2013
Sounds like some nasty weather, wab.

We're warm but there's a wind advisory out for tomorrow.
74. whitewabit
12:58 AM GMT on January 30, 2013
Might even get an inch of snow on the back side ..
73. whitewabit
12:56 AM GMT on January 30, 2013
Quoting juslivn:
Snow tomorrow, rain tonight. We're still 45 with your 53. We all didn't get the front yet.

Front should be passing through up there soon .. temps to drop down to 32 degrees tonight with a high of only 36 Wednesday .. think the temps will drop all day ..
72. juslivn
12:41 AM GMT on January 30, 2013
71. whitewabit
12:31 AM GMT on January 30, 2013
Quoting juslivn:
Good rain for you there. Glad it wasn't a damaging storm.

Jus are you going to get rain or will it be rain/snow mix ?? Forecast to get 1 to 2 inches of snow on the back side ..
70. juslivn
12:17 AM GMT on January 30, 2013
Good rain for you there. Glad it wasn't a damaging storm.
69. whitewabit
11:54 PM GMT on January 29, 2013
Well that was a good cell that went over .. Been in the mist of a thunderstorm all afternoon .. officially we've gotten just over 1 inch of rain so far and expect another 1/2 inch to an inch ..

Snow forecast for tomorrow ..
68. whitewabit
11:04 PM GMT on January 29, 2013
In the middle of a thunderstorm ..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3Blog Index

weather

About whitewabit

Retired weather junkie, currently living in Central Illinois. worst hurricane I've been through was Camille, in Biloxi, Ms. Retired Blog Moderator