My 10 Seconds Of Fame! :-)

By: weatherguy03 , 9:00 PM GMT on July 02, 2014

Wait until the 1:30 mark! Weather Fan..lol

8:25 PM GMT on July 28, 2014
weatherguy03 has created a new entry.
17. weatherguy03
11:52 AM GMT on July 09, 2014
Quoting beell:
Hey, Bob.
What were the odds that a "Man on the Street" interview would turn up an actual, knowledgable, weather freak/meteorologist? You did us all proud. I wish he would have asked you what you thought about TS Arthur!

Good to hear (and see) you.

I know right, we even talked about me being a Meteorologist and where I went to school before the interview, then they put up Weather Fan! Ha! Oh well.
16. beell
11:51 PM GMT on July 04, 2014
Hey, Bob.

Good to hear (and see) you.
15. weatherguy03
11:20 PM GMT on July 04, 2014
Quoting StAugustineFL:
Update on the Elkton storm: NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSONVILLE METEOROLOGIST IN CHARGE CONDUCTED A STORM DAMAGE SURVEY AND DETERMINED THAT THIS EVENT WAS A MICROBURST...PRODUCING STRAIGHT LINE WINDS ESTIMATED AT 70-80 MPH. DAMAGE INCLUDED TWO BARNS PARTIALLY COLLAPSED...ONE TREE DOWNED...AND BENT POWER LINES. DAMAGE WAS NOT NOTED UPSTREAM NOR DOWNSTREAM OF LOCATION. DAMAGE OCCURRED ALONG COUNTY ROAD 305 SOUTH OF STATE ROAD 207. [SOURCE: NWS STORM SURVEY; CWA: JAX ]

Yep, thanks for the info!!
14. StAugustineFL
11:59 AM GMT on July 04, 2014
13. StAugustineFL
1:14 AM GMT on July 04, 2014
I saw the SPC report for the storm near Elkton. I ended up being planted in Jax Beach all day with my aunt, mom, and dad due to extenuating circumstances.. That was a storm in itself, LOL

My old boss and her husband (both friends of mine with the bank) moved to Pomona Park in SE Putnam County. This is one pic of damage they had there but it's not on the SPC storm reports. Gave them the info to contact Jax NWS. They had many more pics with downed trees and what not. My buddy is somewhat weather savvy and believes it was a microburst.

12. weatherguy03
11:49 PM GMT on July 03, 2014
Quoting StAugustineFL:
My Arthur total rainfall - .01"

I'm headed to the beach today - probably south Ponte Vedra. It'll be a hot one. If they haven't been picked over already maybe some cool stuff washed ashore.

More exciting storms here today now that Arthur has left. Trough left behind from Arthur. Possible tornado near Elkton today!
11. Skyepony (Mod)
1:03 PM GMT on July 03, 2014
Had to see your 10 seconds of fame. Pretty awesome:)

Good to see you well & storm happy..
10. StAugustineFL
12:33 PM GMT on July 03, 2014
My Arthur total rainfall - .01"

9. tkeith
11:20 AM GMT on July 03, 2014
Sup Bob :)
8. mobal
10:43 AM GMT on July 03, 2014
LOL, You Da Man....
7. Barefootontherocks
3:20 AM GMT on July 03, 2014
Quoting hurigo:
Hey BF,
How about that. You and Me and #1(03)!
Cape Hatteras just issued many evacuation order.
Onedaful, dahlink!
(Not the evac order, the reunion.)

The new Cone of Doom moved a little west I hear.
6. weatherguy03
2:34 AM GMT on July 03, 2014
Its amazing how dry the environment is around this system. We have a strong TS only 130 miles to my East today and barely a drop of rain. I get more T-storms during a typical summer afternoon. I can see why Arthur is having a bit of a hard time tonite. Will be interesting to see how strong he gets before he gets close to the OBX. Have a good night. Good to see you two!
5. weatherguy03
2:29 AM GMT on July 03, 2014
Yes I am alive!!! Ha! Ha!
4. hurigo
10:16 PM GMT on July 02, 2014
Hey BF,
How about that. You and Me and #1(03)!
Cape Hatteras just issued many evacuation order.
3. Barefootontherocks
10:11 PM GMT on July 02, 2014
Rotflmao. That's great, 03. I love it.
How the heck are you anyway? Really good to see your blog pop up, and what a kick that video clip is. Really. Miss you around here.
;)
2. Barefootontherocks
10:06 PM GMT on July 02, 2014
You're here! You're here! What is this 10 seconds of fame? I better go watch. lol
1. hurigo
9:54 PM GMT on July 02, 2014
HEY #1(03) WOW. How nice to see and hear you. Thank you very much for sharing this. You know this is probably the first storm I have actually stayed for. I really appreciate everything i learned from you and from the social/weather banter with other East Coasters who by sharing their tropic stories and weather knowledge have really been therapeutic for a tropic wimp like me!

Tropical Weather Headquarters