Final snowfall reports... Colossal Saturn was indeed so!

By: trHUrrIXC5MMX , 5:54 PM GMT on March 10, 2013

Briefing on the final stats of the snow in the Northeast.

Saturn was indeed a major snowstorm, no doubt about that!
Many houses were damaged by winds, snow, coastal flooding and worst being beach erosion, thousands and thousands of dollars was the price tag from this storm...

Yesterday's look of Saturn as it's depicted by that S shape

Final Snowfall accumulations

Almost 30" reported just southwest of Boston! Click on image for larger size.

Compare this to Nemo

As the season comes to and end in my area...
This one stands as the second snowiest one with 41" (~3.5') of snow recorded.
I began keeping track of winter storms since 2008.

The 2010-2011 season hit 70", as in national NCDC records it's in the top three snowiest seasons for the area.

HURRICANE SEASON 2013

Note: I regards to the hurricane season, I'll be working on a new blog later doing some explanations. But there are my (range) numbers, my "exact" ones will be on the new blog as well.

Named Tropical Cyclones: 16-20 (39 mph or greater max. sustained winds)
Hurricanes: 6-10 (74 mph or greater max. sustained winds
Major Hurricanes: 2-4" (Winds of 111 mph or greater)
I also think that 1-2 of those major hurricanes could achieve intensities higher than mid level category 4 (145 mph+) into Category 5 (160 mph+).

It's possible to have a category 5 this year... last time we had one was in 2007, Felix. Igor 2010 got very close (155 mph).

3:40 PM GMT on March 12, 2013
trHUrrIXC5MMX has created a new entry.
18. trHUrrIXC5MMX
9:06 PM GMT on March 11, 2013
Quoting AETHOMAS:
Thanks Max. Could you help my out?? Read my newest blog post... :D

well, I see Sky and some other buddies tried to help you on there.
Are you still stuck? What do you need exactly by meaning upload?
17. AETHOMAS
9:03 PM GMT on March 11, 2013
Thanks Max. Could you help my out?? Read my newest blog post... :D
16. trHUrrIXC5MMX
7:02 PM GMT on March 11, 2013
Big Rain for East Coast

2 YEARS LATER...
15. WunderGirl12
5:22 PM GMT on March 11, 2013
Thanks Max for the update!! :-D
14. trHUrrIXC5MMX
10:53 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
Quoting MAweatherboy1:
I think we're due for a Cat 5 in the Atlantic this year. I'm calling for 3 majors, I expect one to be a Cat 5.

Thanks for the blog!

yeah, it's been a long wait but if we flip things nothing can assure we are up for the next cat 5

thanks for coming!
13. trHUrrIXC5MMX
10:52 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
Quoting pcola57:
Hey Max,
Nice job once again..
I'm gonna stick with my numbers I posted Thursday on my blog..
16/6/4
I'll be looking forward to your new maps..
Thanks again.. :)

alright...nice to hear from you...

Absolutely, in fact this new storm headed for the Northeast is supposed to be significant, since "no major winter" is associated with it, I plan to introduce my next one.
12. MAweatherboy1
10:09 PM GMT on March 10, 2013

Thanks for the blog!
11. pcola57
9:19 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
Hey Max,
Nice job once again..
I'm gonna stick with my numbers I posted Thursday on my blog..
16/6/4
I'll be looking forward to your new maps..
Thanks again.. :)
10. VR46L
9:04 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
Quoting trHUrrIXC5MMX:

I really appreciate your feedback.
Anyone can come up with a prediction too, love weather!

Thanks for stopping by

Your Welcome !
9. trHUrrIXC5MMX
9:01 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
Quoting VR46L:
Yes , I really have always meant to tell you , Your Maps are great ! Its a talent you have !

My prediction for this season 16/7/4 ...but with more low riders this year .. Taking in a/c the way the SST are developing , less fish but a later start JMO

I really appreciate your feedback.
Anyone can come up with a prediction too, love weather!

Thanks for stopping by
8. VR46L
8:57 PM GMT on March 10, 2013

7. trHUrrIXC5MMX
7:04 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
Quoting originalLT:
Thanks, again real nice job. Hope you are feeling better.

yes thanks...I'm ok now. I began feeling better last Thursday.
6. originalLT
7:01 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
Thanks, again real nice job. Hope you are feeling better.
5. trHUrrIXC5MMX
6:43 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
Quoting originalLT:
Thanks for the maps Max. One correction ,in your sentence,"This one stands as the second snowiest one with 41"(~4.5') of snow recorded."--- It should read(~3.5'). Nice job overall.

you're right!
There is your map...
4. originalLT
6:41 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
3. trHUrrIXC5MMX
6:10 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
Quoting Astrometeor:
I like your maps Max, they look very professional to me! Better than what the TWC puts out, IMO.

Thanks for the post Max, no doubt everyone was surprised on how much snow the Northeast got.

well thanks... Yep, I got 7.5"
I have some new ones... When the time/weather comes, you'll see them.
The tornado one I did is my best one thus far...
2. Astrometeor
6:07 PM GMT on March 10, 2013

1. trHUrrIXC5MMX
6:01 PM GMT on March 10, 2013
Again...I won't be using my winter maps anymore...
I have new ones to address significant (non-severe) weather events and severe (tornado) weather events...
It took me time, imagination and patience to get them done the way I wanted. :)