Toku found his wife and daughter

By: tkeith , 6:14 PM GMT on March 14, 2011

I just talked to Mitsu and he told me Toku found his wife and daughter in a shelter and is taking them home to Osaka. These are all the details I have at the moment. I am beyond relieved.

Thank you all for your prayers, support and encouragement.

For the last three years I have worked with, and became very good friends with three fellow engineers from Japan. Takeshi, Mitsui, and Toku. Takeshi and Mitsui and their family are still here in the U.S.

Two weeks ago Toku, his wife and 8 month old daughter went back to Japan for the first time in 3 years. Toku is from Osaka, but his wife is from Kesennuma, Miyagi prefecture. I have not been able to get in touch with Toku since the earthquake. This morning I recieved an e-mail from another friend who had spoken with Mitsui.

I talked to Mitsu after receiving the email below. Mitsu spoke with Toku last night. Toku’s wife and daughter were staying with her parents in the city of Kesennuma, Miyagi prefecture at the time of the earthquake. Toku spoke to his wife soon after the earthquake and they were in a car traveling to safe ground in advance of the tsunami. According to news articles on the internet Kesennuma was destroyed by the tsunami. Toku has not been able to contact his wife since his conversation after the earthquake and he is trying to get to Kesennuma to find them. We hope that they are safe and unharmed and that Toku cannot talk with them because of the loss of communication with that area of Japan. Please keep Toku’s family in your thoughts and prayers. Mitsu will pass on any new information he receives. Both Mitsu and Takehshi’s families were not in the area of destruction and all are safe.

this is a link with some pics of the devastation in , it's horrible.Link

16. LakeWorthFinn
7:31 AM GMT on June 11, 2011
♥♥♥ Thanks for voting from my blog ♥♥♥
15. beell
12:51 AM GMT on May 26, 2011
That was a pretty close pass to Dumas, tk. May have been on the ground. Hope everyone is ok.
14. seflagamma
10:17 PM GMT on May 24, 2011
all those tornadoes just make me sick...
I grew up watching tornadoes skipping across cotton fields..but they only tore up cotton fields..

been in a "storm house" for a few that moved across and been in the bathtub with a mattress over my head as the roof split from a tornado... scary stuff.

give me a hurricane anyday over a tornado..

These Spring of 2011 tornadoes are just amazing in their hitting populated areas and so destructive...

God Bless those people...
13. tkeith
10:13 PM GMT on May 24, 2011
Thanks Gamma !!

I'm watching these intense Tornados in Oklahoma, unbelievable severe weather lately.
12. seflagamma
10:11 PM GMT on May 24, 2011
Hi Keith,

I've told your wife on FB, but I seem to catch you more here on WU..

Congratulations to you both!!!!
Smoke free for 2 months.. you are on your way!!!

I will be 4 years this weekend!!!no smoke or nicotine nothing in 4 yrs...
but I had probably tried and failed 8-10 times in the prev 10 yrs.

So proud and happy for you and wife!!!!

11. toddluck
3:07 PM GMT on March 16, 2011
great news!!!
10. aquak9
12:52 PM GMT on March 16, 2011
good news indeed.
9. shoreacres
12:43 PM GMT on March 16, 2011
Keith - Best news I could have heard. I'm so glad for them, and for you.
8. shoreacres
12:56 PM GMT on March 15, 2011
I thought about your friends last night when a young man from Michigan turned up on CNN after being found. His parents had been seaching from the beginning, of course, but were unable to contact him.

I pray the same outcome from Toku and his family.
7. masshysteria
12:49 PM GMT on March 15, 2011
TKeith ~

Your friend, Toku, his wife, daughter and all those affected by the Japanese earthquake/tsunami are in my continued thoughts and prayers!

I sincerely hope that Toku will find his family alive and well in a safe shelter while en route.

6. SBKaren
12:18 AM GMT on March 15, 2011
OMG - how awful to have not made contact again. I would be a complete wreck. I am thinking of your friends, and all the people who have been affected by this earthquake and tsunami. It is truly a disaster.
5. Beachfoxx
12:13 AM GMT on March 15, 2011
Tkeith---

Oh my, what can I say except Toku & family are in my prayers.
4. Raysfan70
11:50 PM GMT on March 14, 2011
{{TK}}
Will keep Toku and his family in my prayers.
3. Patrap
9:14 PM GMT on March 14, 2011
Person Finder: 2011 Japan Earthquake
What is your situation?

한국어 | 中 文 (简 体) | 中 文 (繁 體)
2. Barefootontherocks
9:05 PM GMT on March 14, 2011
1. toddluck
6:40 PM GMT on March 14, 2011
my thoughts and prayers to your frinds and thier families

tkeith's WunderBlog

About tkeith

Most of what I know about storms and weather, I've learned here on WU. My only hobby is playin my guitar and singin to my dog. she's my biggest fan.

Overcast