Pic of Son in Texas

By: seflagamma , 8:07 PM GMT on October 13, 2008

Tuesday, Oct 14, 2008:
Pam just sent me link to this picture of Greg working in Texas and the information from Corps.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Assists Texas Communities Through its Temporary Power Mission After Hurricane Ike

After disasters like Hurricane Ike, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers assesses critical electrical power needs and manages the installation of generators to provide power that keeps key community facilities like hospitals, water and sewer treatment plants and law enforcement facilities operable until the power companies can restore the utility power distribution network. (Photo by Robert Haynes, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers St. Paul District.)

As I said, got in some of my professional wedding pictures. I am having a hard time with the scanning process but wanted to post one or two here (if it works) of the family.
Here is our "Group Picture" all 8 of us and the two oldest Grandkids, Cole and Rylee

It shows, Christian, Ellen, Hubby, Betsey, Scott, Patti, Greg, Pam and on bottom Rylee and Cole.

The Five of Us, Hubby and me and the 3 grown Kids.
Greg, Gamma, Betsey, Poppy, Ellen

Cole and Rylee:

Rylee's 3K preschool pictures taken 2 weeks ago.

Oh well, now they are not showing earlier they were. Will try something different later. They show up if you hit refresh or come back? sometimes they show up sometimes they don't... don't know why.

Monday, October 13, 2008:

Well, looks like the Stock Market made the highest ever gain in one day of trading. Up as of now, may correct this later once final figures are in but it appears to be up over 950 points.. almost 1000 in gains today. We will all feel more comfortable when it gets back up over 10,000.
So I guess what goes down, must come up????

Actually closed up 936.42 for maket of 9387.61

Page: 1 | 2Blog Index

94. palmettobug53
10:34 PM GMT on October 23, 2008
Hee hee... Baron looks so cute! And I'll bet he really IS a little monkey, isn't he? Did that have anything to do with the choice of his costume? LOL

At least your son is getting in a little down time to enjoy being in TX, even if he's not getting to come home just yet. He's just too good at his job! That's why they won't let him go.

Glad to hear the back is getting better. I've been lucky; I've never had back problems. (Knock on wood...) Had the carpal tunnel problem, the cubital tunnel, tendonitis (tennis elbow even tho I don't play tennis!) but they've eased up since we've gotten more automated at work. Not as much filing, tearing apart bills and data entry. Kinda funny really, since I spend more time on the computer than I did back then. I've had the knee problem and a few other things but no back problems. (Knocking on wood again - I need to be careful about what I say... I'll wind up with it!)

93. Beachfoxx
10:06 PM GMT on October 23, 2008
Hey Gamma,

Wow! We both are on at the same time! Sure do miss those days when everyone had a few minutes to blog together and catch up!

Love the Halloween pictures! Guess we will miss Halloween this year... going to have to put together some goodie bags for the neighborhood kids. Love the little Monkey!!! Reminds me of a "jumper" Jeremiah had when he was about 2 yrs old.... I think it was a Kelly Kids suit w/ his name embroidered on it.

You take care of that back.... rest and proper exercise! Back pain is the pits! Makes you feel bad all over, IMHO!

Hugs to you!!!

D

92. seflagamma
9:58 PM GMT on October 23, 2008
and son called and he is going to be in Texas another week it seems... Geeze, Texas doesn't want to let him go! LOL But it is not as hard as earlier; he has even gotten to take some time to go fishing a few times.
91. seflagamma
9:56 PM GMT on October 23, 2008
and the back is getting a little better each day; I think I over did it Tue and Wed (of couse) so it was sore today but was able to do my full day at work. Thanks for asking.
90. seflagamma
9:54 PM GMT on October 23, 2008
Hi everyone,

All is ok, just very busy at work and home.

Thank you all for stopping by and leaving a post.

Geeze, it is rainy here. Last night my house got over 3 1/2" of rain. Not sure what has happened today; I know Weston has received plenty of rain.

Hope to be able to answer your posts tomorrow.

Yes the Grand kids are growing up so fast and I will be happy to share them with any of you!

No time right now; just wanted to check in and leave a posts since it has been a while.

Take care and Good evening!
89. charlestonlady
12:53 PM GMT on October 23, 2008
Hey gams! busy woman that you are....have a wonderful day!
88. Raysfan70
11:51 AM GMT on October 23, 2008
Good Morning {{Gamma}}!

Thanks to Betsey and you for sharing the pictures of Baron. He is getting so big. Hard to believe he is standing already.

Hope your feeling better today.
Have a Great Day!
87. Beachfoxx
4:11 AM GMT on October 23, 2008
86. EmmyRose
8:21 PM GMT on October 22, 2008
(((OGAL AND GAMMA))) Sorry to hear of your backaches.....and yes OGAL the stock market took a tumble thank God I have nothing in it
I wouldn't be sane at the moment :-(

Gamma - your pictures are delightful as usual and how I miss dressing up my kids in costumes for Halloween and how i miss trick or treating and getting that candy....can I borrow one of your grandbabies?????
85. OGal
8:18 PM GMT on October 22, 2008
Hi Gams, been thinking about you today. My back is awful too. It is really stiff. I only seem to have pain when I turn over in bed. Don't have much time to deal with it now.

When did BT go back to Conn.? I am sure out of it. Most of my time has gone to getting ready for this big dinner and silent auction tomorrow night. I really feel bad that I missed the move. Can you fill me in??

Working on my speech for tomorrow night and watching the stock market go one more time in the tubes. I think retirement for us may mean living in a tent in the mountains :( Sure is a bleak time. Guys are selling equities and buying cooperate bonds..yikes!!

Hope you had a good day and that your back is much better. Just take it easy when you start back exercising. Don't push it too much.

Please say a prayer for me that I don't screw up tomorrow night.
84. NRAamy
5:10 PM GMT on October 22, 2008
Hey Gamma! Hope your back is better!!!!!

83. sandiquiz
5:08 PM GMT on October 22, 2008
Hi Gams, 22 hours since anyone visited your blog, must be a record!!
That little outfit for Baron is derlightful!! He is growing so quickly. I saw my little Great niece today... she has grown so much! I crocheted a little jacket, using age 6 months, thinking it would be ample big enough!! She will only be able to wear it for a couple of weeks, and then it will be too small :(
She is only 5 months old, and was 9 weeks early !!

Hope you are OK, back to work tomorrow??
82. seflagamma
6:34 PM GMT on October 21, 2008
Betsey sent me pictures of Baron in his Halloween outfit. The monkey suit is so cute on him and it comes with a little stuffed monkey to carry.

let's see if i can copy them here using properties.

and his visit to a real pumpkin patch last weekend.

81. seflagamma
6:29 PM GMT on October 21, 2008
Amy, Girl, you got a wedding this weekend don't ya???? It will be here before you know it! Cold feet yet? LOL
80. NRAamy
3:11 PM GMT on October 21, 2008
79. seflagamma
12:11 PM GMT on October 21, 2008
oh yes, my back is getting better and better each day. I think I can get a little more back to normal today. Thank you all for asking!
78. seflagamma
12:10 PM GMT on October 21, 2008
Good morning it's Tuesday, Rylee will be here anyminute now so just wanted to get in a quit post to update my bog.

Hope you all have a nice Tuesday!

will try to return some later.
77. seflagamma
12:10 PM GMT on October 21, 2008
Good morning my friends,

bliz, thanks for stopping by. Actually the drought map does not really reflect the true water levels because in the newspaper late last week was an article about how flooded the Everglades is now and it is hurting the Glades and the animals. The tree islands are flooded, the deer are getting hoof rot and the few dry places are wet. Theyare pumping water into ocean as fast as they can. So in my opinion, if we are getting rid of water in the Everglades and Lake Okeechobee; we must have too much and the drought map is showing moderate moisture. Oh well.

Karen, {{{hugs}}} good to see you. Yes we have all missed seeing you around. So sorry to hear about your father.

Huri, we actually had a "cool" front comethru also... of course, still very warm but this morning a little on the cool side when walking Harley. Your area is nearing wintertime.
76. hurigo
10:37 PM GMT on October 20, 2008
Howdy Gams
Just rushing through to try to catch up.
See some comments about you not been feeling well. I hope things are looking up for you now. Bet itis nice and warm down there, so be thankful for that. It is VERY COLD here overnight in the 50s. We haven't turned theheat on yet, but Hubby will probably do that tomorrow when I am work to check out the systems.
75. SBKaren
8:55 PM GMT on October 20, 2008
Hi Gamma,

I'm trying to make some rounds around the blogs, as I have been missing all of you and not had much time in so long.

What's this I read about your back? Hope your mending, time heals all wounds. That saying fits on more than one type of wound too!

You still look so tan! Our weather has really turned fall like. Cool mornings and evenings but warm during the day. We'll be back under red flag warnings for Tuesday - Thursday, so the heat will turn back up.

Take care - Karen
74. Zachary Labe
8:05 PM GMT on October 20, 2008
Good afternoon Gams!!! Just dropping by to check in. Hope to see that Florida drought map recover soon. Conditions are pretty dry for the month of October here in Pennsylvania too with only .02inches of rain so far. Have a great day!
73. seflagamma
1:48 PM GMT on October 20, 2008
Good morning everyone,

Mermaid, so good to see you. I understand sometimes being too busy with family to make it around to all the blogs. I haven't been around much lately either. Thanks for stopping by.

Blu, LOL that's right. You have every right to be so proud of your girls; they are doing so well and you should be proud of yourself for the role model you have been to them!

Good morning, it's Monday. I am getting better everyday .. just a little soreness this morning .. none of those shocking/stabbing pain jabs now. Hope those are all gone .

Yes, being a "Gamma" is God's reward for being a Mama! It makes raising your kids worth it! LOL

Have a good day!
72. OSHNBLU
11:46 PM GMT on October 19, 2008
{{{gams}}} sorry to see you have been down in the back. Had issues in the past with the back, no fun at all.
Rylees pics are so great...Being a grandma must be one of lifes rewards for being a parent.
Enjoy the days off part of your week! to heck with HU...I didnt even answer, heck I am not a wife, dont think I qualify. Single mom working to put kids thru college. I'll have my own trophies...In heaven.
71. mermaidlaw
10:07 PM GMT on October 19, 2008
{{{GAMMA}}} Such beautiful pictures! Your family is precious! Sorry that I haven't been around much lately. I am just very busy here these days.

I hope you have a wonderful evening!
70. seflagamma
9:47 PM GMT on October 19, 2008
Hi Sandi,
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are being good and taking care of your knee .. like I was good this week taking care of my back!

I did lose 2 pounds this week on that "diet".. last time I did it I lost like 4-5 pounds that first week.. but I was better at sticking to the exact everything.. this time I took a few liberties so didn't lose as much.... but I will take the 2 pounds and try to build on them next week.

but today.. no way.. I haven't had a classic coke (and I did this morning) or a glass of red wine (which I am doing now) since last Sunday and I felt I needed both today! And forget about the cardboard food, got chicken parm in the over for the final prep work. Smells so good.. real food!

but I hope to get back on the diet bandwagon tomorrow.

my Dolphins lost..again.. I guess those 2 victories in a row were just a fluke.. oh well there is always next year!
69. sandiquiz
5:21 PM GMT on October 19, 2008
Hi Gams,
Just a quick fly-by to check on you. I have picked up that you are feeling a little better. I did something to my knee on Wednesday, what I have no idea. Thursday and Friday I was on the high pain killers, but managed yesterday and today without, so must be getting better. I finally got a knee elastic bandage yesterday, ands that seems to help. I saw one like you had to wear when I was in the shop!! made me think of you....

Take care, and at least you have a couple more days before work to get even "more up-right!!"

68. seflagamma
4:51 PM GMT on October 19, 2008
Update on Greg,
DIL, Pam, came over for awhile last night with Ty, (Cole was at his Karate Class) and she said Greg may be home this next weekend. He may be released Wed or Thur.

She said he was loving it in Texas! LOL Now that the confusion of the first week or two has worked out; it is pretty nice set up for him. He drops off his laundry at a cleaners and picks it up all nice and clean and pressed and folded for him. He gets 3 nice meals a day and the evening meal he and the "guys" go out and usually have a nice steak dinner then have a few beers together before going home to their hotel. Of course, they work long days but when they are off work, they are "off" work.. no wife with a 'honey do list' or kids yelling and running thru the house, etc ... LOL

of course, she is kidding and I know he misses his wife and boys and his home but the last few weeks haven't actually been that bad! As I said before, Texas is treating him pretty good. LOL.. but he is missed here and we will all be glad when he returns.

It seems he has been gone a long time because, in July he went on his annual "guys lobstering" week in the Keys.
Then he had to go to Iowa for his boss for a week.

Then he was in Mississippi after Gustuv for over a week, and only home a week before he left for Texas.
And been gone for 5 weeks yesterday.. so will be gone for 6 weeks total if he comes home this weekend.... he has basically been gone since mid July! LOL
67. seflagamma
4:46 PM GMT on October 19, 2008
Hi bug,

I know; obvious sometimes folks just make assumptions without facts! He is sort of radical himself about his beliefs.

Yes, I do think I am making the turn around with my back. I do feel it is healing up nicely and I hope to be back in commission in the next day or two. I hope to do my walk maybe Mon or Tues if I can.

Just took hubby over to his friend's house to watch the game so I have a nice quiet house this afternoon! Going to just rest in bed and flip the TV channel switch...love it.
66. palmettobug53
2:22 PM GMT on October 19, 2008
Lord, Gams, I don't know where that post from HU came from. Have no idea what he's talking about. If he read your blog on a regular basis, he'd have his facts straight about you.

What a thing to wake up to on Sunday morning, huh?

Anyway, hope your back is better today. And that you have a great Sunday!
65. seflagamma
2:10 PM GMT on October 19, 2008
Now, it is a beautiful day outside today, nice sunny only going to be in low 80's with low humidity. If I were going to be up and about would open up the house..but since I am still going to "take it easy" at least one more day...will keep a/c going. hubby going to sports bar with a friend to watch Dolphin Game at 1pm.

I sure hope the Dolphins are back on the winning side again but who knows! LOL

hope all of you enjoy your Sunday.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving your posts and comments.
64. seflagamma
2:01 PM GMT on October 19, 2008
62. Hu 1:55 AM AST on October 19, 2008
Hi Gamms, you need to quit defending the trophy wives unless you're one yourself. Someone who works 3 days a week at her husbands business does not qualify for someone who works 40 hours a week. I am in support of working men and women of this country who make a difference. I don't hear them complaining, but I hear them moving ahead. They are the backbone of this society, not people who are lazy and feel that they are better than others
Action: Quote | Remove Comment | Ban User | Ignore User

Hu, my first reaction was to ban you and delete your nonsense but decided to answer it just because... I'm in a good mood this morning.

Hu,
I have no idea what on earth you are taking about. I was defending stay at home mothers not trophy wives. And I don't think I have ever qualified as one. Perhaps you should have your facts together before you post.

1. I have worked pretty much my entire life, except for 5 1/2 years when my children were babies (and actually did work 9 months part time during those years)and we made a lot of sacrifices in order for me to stay at home with the 3 babies who were 2 years apart in age.

2. Until recently, I don't remember when I only worked 40 hrs a week.
3. I NEVER worked with my husband.
4. I have worked for a giant Global company for almost 23 years and worked my way up from the bottom into management.
5.There were many years I worked 60-80 hrs a week while raising 3 kids who were involved in every sport in school with an active social schedule.
6, And now my "3 day" work week are 12 hr shifts and I put in about 13 hrs each day, not counting comute time. And I babysit my grand daughter on 2 or 3 of my "off work" days each week to help out my daughter who must work.

So I think you need to just stop it with putting down women whether they work at home or with their husbands or they are retired or do charity work or even if they are a trophy wife. It is none of your business if you are not asked to take care of them.
63. seflagamma
1:58 PM GMT on October 19, 2008
good morning my friends,

sorry I never made it back. I did go home a little early from work and back to bed. I do believe I am healing nicely and making progress just don't want to do anything for a set back.

Emmy, love the dancers!
Gator, Thanks,
Bug, that is so funny but true! LOL

62. Hu
5:55 AM GMT on October 19, 2008
61. palmettobug53
1:06 AM GMT on October 19, 2008
Got this in an email and thought you might get a kick out of it:

Comments Made in the Year 1955!
That's only 53 years ago!

'I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20.00.'

'Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long before $2,000.00 will only buy a used one.'

'If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous.

'Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?'

'If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store.'

'When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage.'

'Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their hair as long as the girls.'

'I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying DAMN in GONE WITH THE WIND, it seems every new movie has either HELL of DAMN in it.'

'I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the century. They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas..'

'Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the President.'

'I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now.'

'It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work to make ends meet.'

'It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work.'

'Marriage doesn't mean a thing any more, those Hollywood stars seem to be getting divorced at the drop of a hat.'

'I'm afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business.'

'Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the Government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to congress.'

'The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on.'

'There is no sense going to Lincoln or Omaha anymore for a weekend, it costs nearly $15.00 a night to stay in a hotel.'

'No one can afford to be sick anymore, at $35.00 a day in the hospital it's too rich for my blood.'

'If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it.'
60. Gatorxgrrrl
5:36 PM GMT on October 18, 2008
{{Gams}}
59. EmmyRose
2:54 PM GMT on October 18, 2008
dancing Skeletons Pictures, Images and Photos

Fast dance by.
58. seflagamma
2:31 PM GMT on October 18, 2008
Code, Thanks for stopping by!
57. seflagamma
2:31 PM GMT on October 18, 2008
well, the "diet" I started Monday. I did sort of stay on it most of this week. varied off it a little yesterday and this morning because it is hard to be on a specific diet at work so not losing the mega pounds as you can when you stay on it strickly as directed...but have alost a couple of pounds this week which is ok by me.

Hope they stay off and I can do it again next week. Much easier to lose weight when you can walk or work out.

No time to look around the blogs; hope all is well with my WU friends. I have some reports to get done just in case I cannot make it all day at work.

Enjoy your Saturday.
56. code1
2:30 PM GMT on October 18, 2008
Take care gamma! Back pain is the pits.
55. seflagamma
2:29 PM GMT on October 18, 2008
Hi everyone,

It's Saturday and yes I did come in to work this morning. Feeling a little better. Just need to not do anything to irritate that nerve anymore until it heals. Not sure if I can be here a full day or not; will try.

Bug, love the picture of your Dad and smom, I left a post in your blog.

Oakland and Rays, Thank you. I did this 2 years ago.. every so often you do something that will set off the nerves in your spine and get them spasing (sp) and all upset and inflamed and it just takes a few days of resting them to heal.

IC, actually the walking helps me when I can do it on a regular basis. Running is not good for the back but walking is very good. I will be glad when I can crank up walking again.
54. icmoore
1:01 PM GMT on October 18, 2008
Hi Gams,
I'm so sorry to hear about your back. It's been a year this month since I was laid out with mine. I use to be able to run 5-7 miles a day on my treadmill which I did for 12 years or so but now I'll settle for being just able to walk :) My arthritis limits me a lot..The old saying is true "listen to your body" and get lots of rest. A little extra TLC never hurts either. Take care and I hope you feel better soon!

53. palmettobug53
11:58 AM GMT on October 18, 2008
Morning, Gams... How's the back this a.m.?

Did you head to work today? If so, take it easy!
52. Raysfan70
11:51 AM GMT on October 18, 2008

Good Morning {{Gamma}}!
Have a great day!

Hope your feeling better today.

51. oakland
10:22 PM GMT on October 17, 2008
{{{Gams}}},

Sorry to hear you're flat on your back. I know how much that can hurt. I hope you manage to have a wonderful weekend in spite of working tomorrow. Take care of yourself. Prayers for a speedy recovery are on the way.
50. palmettobug53
9:33 PM GMT on October 17, 2008
When you pop back in, go check my blog. I managed to get a picture of Dad and SMom uploaded, with some help from Sandi. The quality is lousy; have no idea what it was taken with. SMom emailed it to me. But you can see what he looks like!
49. seflagamma
9:24 PM GMT on October 17, 2008
Bug, yes I'm being very good; no one home which means I can really rest up! watched a couple of movies on TV this afternoon.

Amy, ROFLMAO! that is too funny!!!
Thanks for the laughs..

now back to bed; just wanted to take a peek and check in. are things quiet for a Friday? haven't been around the blogs at all.
48. NRAamy
5:42 PM GMT on October 17, 2008
47. palmettobug53
5:31 PM GMT on October 17, 2008
Glad to hear that you're some better but you listen to that doctor. Lie on a chaise lounge and wave your hands languidly, to direct Poppy and everyone else to do your bidding. Have someone peel you a grape! LOL

(Reference to Mae West: "Beulah, peel me a grape...." LOL)
46. seflagamma
4:33 PM GMT on October 17, 2008
oh and I did check with Doctor and I haven't been to them since fall of 2006.. so I've made it almost 2 years since this last happened. and I also have noticed since I started walking a lot and running a little my back has been much better. They say walking is the best exercise for bad backs. And I do believe it has been for me.... I use to have constant lower back pain all of the time but in past year or more I noticed it has been less and less....I took off the past 2 months and not been working out as much as before and realize I really got to get back on schedule again once this has healed.
45. seflagamma
4:31 PM GMT on October 17, 2008
Hi everyone,

Aubie, lol, I was a little slow!

Bug, Bills, Amy, thanks for stopping by.
Yes, this sucks. been thru this before and I will improve in a few days. I did get up early this morning to go to work. made it at work 2 hrs 6:30-8:30am then went straight to the "bone cracker" as bug calls it.

Yes, I'm a little "inflamed" in the back/spine but nothing some cold packs and heat packs and cold packs and rest cannot heal in a few days.

I am home and resting and promised doctor I would not lift, push or pull anything .. ...

so being good. I must go to work tomorrow but should be able to handle one day then rest again Sunday. If not 100% better will go back to doc on Tuesday .

Again, thanks to all of you for your concerns and posts and comments.. now back to bed with me.. time for ice pack again.
44. NRAamy
7:03 PM GMT on October 16, 2008
I heard your back was a'hurtin'!!!

Take care of yourself!!!!!

Page: 1 | 2Blog Index

seflagamma's WunderBlog

About seflagamma

I have been a "weather geek" all of my life and living in the tropics since '79 has just made it more interesting. Great site for info and friends.