Friday's Question of the Day

By: ricderr , 3:11 PM GMT on December 07, 2012

I know it's been awhile. I keep saying I'll maintain my blog but for some reason what used to be so easy is just as easy to forget now.

I read on FB this morning that Rob's child just turned 5. It is amazing how time flies as I remember him announcing hear the birth. Congrats Rob!

Life here is much the same, I love who i am with, love what I do and love, OK I hate El Paso, No, not the people or the culture, but brown and dry and windy gets old rather quick. I could use some rain and a whole lot of green and rivers and lakes and fishing. On and on I could go about the geographical features that I despise here or miss from other places, but here is where I will be for the foreseeable future, but it does lead to the QOD:

If you could move, forget work, family and the things that tie you where you are now, where would you live?

8:00 PM GMT on December 14, 2012
ricderr has created a new entry.
14. LowerCal
7:50 PM GMT on December 10, 2012
I would just keep moving. So many amazing places to experience on this planet.
13. airman45
1:48 PM GMT on December 08, 2012
Quoting whitewabit:
If money was no issue it would have to be Europe .. Travel times are short between destinations and there is so many historical places to see .. skiing and the beach just hours away ...

Hello Ric! I would say the Colorado Rockies. I love the mountains and have lived in the German Alps for six years.

Whitewabit, I have lived in Europe for 23 years so I could fill you in if you would like. It had its advantages and disadvantages compared to the U.S.
12. whitewabit
11:03 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
11. Alleyoops
10:29 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
One word Ric....TORTOLA....BVIs. If I ever win the lotto up here, I will be looking for a place down there....Do you and the family want to move down too...
10. RobDaHood
9:11 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
Quoting ricderr:
I think if i had to live in one spot year round I would agree with the northwest coast of oregon....but...with nothing holding me back....i would have to pick summer in alaska.....winter in the fl keys.....and some autumn and spring in west north carolina...

Hence the boat. If I got tired of the scenery or the weather I could move on. Follow the good weather. Visit friends (most of whom live within a days drive of the coast) explore new and interesting things. Freedom.

Maybe one day...
9. WxWyz
9:02 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
It's gotta be tropical and near water. FL Keys maybe. I can't do snow and ice!
8. auburn (Mod)
8:25 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
By the way..good to see ya back..I always enjoy The QOD..
6. ricderr
6:44 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
5. OSHNBLU
5:42 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
Nowhere different. Just without the worry!
4. auburn (Mod)
5:03 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
in one of these traveling around
3. oregonbirdofprey
4:30 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
After many years of living in a place I pretty much hated, the Phoenix, Az. area, I now finally live in the place I'll never leave, the Pacific Northwest. Now, as Rob said, if I could put a big sailboat on the Columbia river that would make it completely perfect.
2. ycd0108
3:38 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
Good question ricderr.
My first reaction was: I would not move except to go downstairs to fill up my cooling coffee cup but when I read Rob's choice I thought: "Wait a minute. Maybe on a "Flying Boat" kitted out like an executive jet?"
Finally:
I'd move back in time to watch a bit of the world I experienced as an ignorant child or forward in time to see how this moment in history boils down.
1. RobDaHood
3:19 PM GMT on December 07, 2012
On a boat.

I'm Glad I'm Not You, Cus Then I Wouldn't Be Me

About ricderr

This is a blog for "people". You're not defined by your latest & greatest. You are you and that's great enough.