Still Snowing On The Prairie

By: plapman , 2:24 PM GMT on November 29, 2013

Today will be cloudy with a 60% chance of flurries the wind will be southeast at 30 km/h becoming light this afternoon. Today's high will be -6C(21F).
Tonight will be mainly cloudy with a low of -12C(10F).
-------------------------------------------------
Yesterday on my walk with Abbey she caught sight of her first winter bunny. If she hadn't been still leashed she would have been out on the gopher trails in the snow in a race she could never win. I'm sure those bunnies tease her by letting her get close then shifting into high gear.

3:25 PM GMT on December 03, 2013
plapman has created a new entry.
6. GardenGrrl
11:04 AM GMT on December 01, 2013
White Rabbits, White Rabbits, White Rabbits!
5. shoreacres
2:24 AM GMT on December 01, 2013
Bad bunnies, to tease Abbey like that! I think Ylee's got the idea - get some skis and let her pull you...uh... probably right into a snowbank!

Hope all's well up there and you're staying warm. We're out of our "deepfreeze" now, and it looks like a decent week ahead. At least you don't have wind and blowing, blizzardy snow!
4. Alleyoops
9:56 PM GMT on November 30, 2013
Good afternoon Tony. Finally getting over here to WU to see what mischief is going on. All looks pretty quiet for now.. No snow dear ones. Temps here are up to the low to mid 40s today and much the same for the first week of Dec. Certainly not going to complain...LOL

Have a great wknd on the Prairies. Stay warm and stay well.
3. Ylee
3:37 PM GMT on November 30, 2013
Good morning, Tony! You need to get some skis in case Abbey sees another bunny! She could give you quite a ride, lol!
2. bawlf
2:20 PM GMT on November 30, 2013
Good morning Plapman!

Well Carlos, the Havanese, when he's off lease will chase a rabbit for about three blocks. When he sees that the rabbit is much faster and more agile than he is he will stop, sit down and stare after it. Rabbits, being much faster, doesn't seem to faze him as he is always willing to begin another chase. On the other hand my cock-a-poo, Simba, will chase a rabbit until she gets pooped out or lost…. sometimes both. It is for this reason, plus the fact that she will not return from the prairie when called, that she spends the vast majority of her time outside on the leash.
1. palmettobug53
1:43 PM GMT on November 30, 2013
Hi, Tony.

I see snow out your basement window but it doesn't look too bad. Hope the roads aren't icy.

On the rare occasions that we get snow/ice, I am very nervous about driving in it. I have so few occasions to get in any winter driving experience.

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)Ah