Exciement At The Doctor's Office

By: plapman , 2:00 PM GMT on November 16, 2013

Today will bring increasing cloudiness with a 60% chance of flurries or rain showers late this afternoon.
Tonight will remain cloudy with the 60% chance of flurries or rain showers. The wind becoming northerly at 20 km/h near midnight. Tonight's low will be -2.
------------------------------------------------- --
I had quite the experience at the doctor's office. I was going to ask if he could take me off od some of my meds but had a seizure instead. He caught most of it on video thru his cell to give to the neurologist. Nothing like an eye witness account.

=================================================
===
>Click for Portage Southport, Manitoba Forecast">

From My Basement Window

2:41 PM GMT on November 17, 2013
plapman has created a new entry.
5. Ylee
8:47 AM GMT on November 17, 2013
Yup, better stick with the meds, Tony! Looks like a fresh layer of snow on the Queen's car!

Take care!
4. shoreacres
10:59 PM GMT on November 16, 2013
I'm with Bug. It's amazing what can be done today - I hope you'll benefit from the "streaming video"!
It has to be unnerving, for both you and the Queen. Maybe the doctor, too, when you get right down to it. But every little bit of evidence may help them find the best medication and routines for you.

We're warm as can be - maybe in the 80s tomorrow, after being in the 30s last week! It's the "swing season" in Texas, also known as the "carry two wardrobes" season. I start every day with a jacket, then am back to tee shirts by noon. Ah, well. That's the kind of problem I can deal with!
3. palmettobug53
3:09 PM GMT on November 16, 2013
Good heavens, Tony... It's a good thing you were at the doctor's office when it happened. While I'm not happy to hear that you had a seizure, it was good that he was there to witness it, as well as catch it on his phone, so that the neurologist could see, too.

It really accentuates how technology has advanced in the past decade or so. If you'd told someone 20 years ago that a doctor could film a seizure on his phone and send it to another doctor, they'd have said you were insane!

Hope you can get your meds sorted but Skye might be right: anti seizure meds may be part of your daily routine for a while to come.
2. Alleyoops
3:03 PM GMT on November 16, 2013
Well it's always good to have documentation of your seizures including a video. Whether it will help them in changing your meds or finding out what can finally stop them is another story. At least its good fodder for the specialists who deal with this type of problem. You may even make the Journal of Medicine..LOL

Anyway do take care of yourself and hopefully they can finally do something to help you.
1. Skyepony (Mod)
2:05 PM GMT on November 16, 2013
Those post stroke seizures don't look any fun. Glad you had a Dr there with you. The anti-seisure med is one you may not get away from.

Good to see you:)

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)Ah