Summer on the Prairie

By: plapman , 2:10 PM GMT on June 25, 2013

Today will start sunny but become a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon as temps rise to 30C(86F).Tonight will be mainly cloudy with a few showers with thunderstorms beginning this evening and ending before morning. The overnight low will be 19C(66F).
------------------------------------------------- ---
I've been taking Abbey out for morning walks lately. The afternoon heat is just too much for her. I don't know how people in the southern areas can live in the summer heat. I guess it's like us here on the Northern Edge have adapted to keep from freezing in our winters.

12:52 PM GMT on June 26, 2013
plapman has created a new entry.
4. Ylee
11:29 AM GMT on June 26, 2013
Hi, Tony! I think you and Abbey would be nothing but puddles if you took a walk down here! Heck, I'd be a puddle! :' )

Take care!
3. Alleyoops
10:13 AM GMT on June 26, 2013
Good morning Tony, everyone. First of all let me say it great to see you blogging again Tony. Hope your feeling better these days.
Second, MASS, your geography is a little off, it's British Columbia that borders Washington state, Alberta is the next western province to British Columbia between it and Saskatchewan. It borders on BIG SKY country, Montana and is the eastern side of the Canadian Rockies. Calgary and Medicine Hat are more southern cities located in the foothills. Get yer Atlas out girl, it can describe the area better than I can.
GG, my sister lives in the Dallas area so I know that with time even a Canadian can get use to the TX heat but for old farts like me, I still prefer it between 72F and 78 with little humidity. It's the humidity that gets me the most.

Hope ya'll have a great day.
2. GardenGrrl
10:00 AM GMT on June 26, 2013
Oh that is so true about getting used to the weather around you. I get really cold when it's 40f and windy. 86f is a beautiful day to be outside here. We expect into the 100's by Friday :P ugh.
1. masshysteria
6:06 PM GMT on June 25, 2013
Hi Tony!

It appears you're feeling well enough to return to blogging and those daily walks with Abbey again!

I see that your current temps of 82.9F degrees looks comfortable, for now, but has it been heating up further in recent weeks? We're in the midst of a 3 day heatwave again and are being subjected to daily t'storms until well into next week. This year/season, I think we exchanged our usual summer climate with that of Florida, as they are supposedly to receive cooler weather with less storms in the weeks or summer ahead. Strange atmospheric going-ons this year!

I caught sight of the terrible flooding that's been happening in parts of Alberta, Canada! I believe it's in the Western part of Canada near to Washington State USA. I could be wrong about the exact location but, nevertheless, there's been so much resulting damage there!

Hope you continue feeling more up to par and your air-conditioner remains in working order during those hotter than usual days!

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)Ah