An Airshow On The Prairie.

By: plapman , 12:43 PM GMT on May 25, 2013

Yesterday I had a great day. The daughter took me to Southport where the Snowbirds, Canada's aerobatic military group, were doing a practice run. They invited the public to attend. Southport is the basic training base for Canada's air force, also the rotary wing training base.
I took my camera but after the first shot the batteries were dead. I should have checked the before I left.
Portageonline .com has a story, photos and a video of the performance.
Woodlands Radar from Environment Canada

==========================================
From My Basement Window

1:10 PM GMT on May 31, 2013
plapman has created a new entry.
6. GardenGrrl
4:49 PM GMT on May 30, 2013
Hey there is rain instead of snow outside your window cam. A bit of green too. Does that mean summer is coming?
5. GardenGrrl
7:54 PM GMT on May 25, 2013
Arrrgh dead batteries. I've done that.
Well, at least you got out to a cool airshow. That would be fun.
4. masshysteria
4:52 PM GMT on May 25, 2013
Quoting Plapman:

Posted by: plapman, 8:43 AM EDT on May 25, 2013

Portageonline.com has a story, photos and a video of the performance.
Woodlands Radar from Environment Canada

Hi Tony!

Glad you were able to travel to such a special aerodynamic event with your daughter the other day! Happy, too, that there were no tragic incidents associated with it! Unfortunately, in recent years, several U.S. air-shows have become tragic due to a serious crashes resulting in deaths to pilots or spectators and/or serious injuries to both.

In former years, our famous "Blue Angels" or "Thunderbirds" have either performed in yearly scheduled air shows across our country or flown over certain special events such as the opening season of U.S. ballparks. This year, has seen a great reduction in many of their traditional services due to either these crashes or serious budget cuts. Hope all special experienced show pilots and organizers can soon get a better handle on how to prevent further tragedies from occuring. It would be a real shame to see such great time-honored traditions vanish for whatever reasons.

Hope you and yours are well and have a most pleasant remainder to this long Memorial Day weekend!

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)Ah