Extreme Wind Chill Warning Again On The Prairie

By: plapman , 11:40 AM GMT on January 23, 2013

today will see a mix of sun and cloud with a 30% chance of flurries this morning then sunny. The wind will be northwest at 20 km/h becoming light near noon. A high of -26C with windchill of -41. Tonight will be clear with a low of -32.
------------------------------------------------- ---
Dressed in my skidoo suit I only took Abbey for a short walk again. According to the local news website we are experiencing a record setting cold winter. I can't wait until mid March when melting should start.
Last night I took the book the Queen made with Shutter fly and showed it to a neighbor who said they had an interest in genealogy. The book has photos of my ancestors and stories of what they did.

6. plapman
12:26 PM GMT on January 24, 2013
Good morning Alley.
Keep warm.
12:09 PM GMT on January 24, 2013
plapman has created a new entry.
4. unclemush
8:31 PM GMT on January 23, 2013
Hi Tony we are a balmy +9f.:)
3. Alleyoops
5:00 PM GMT on January 23, 2013
Holy crap....just stepped out to get the mail and it's a way lot colder than yesterday. Sure glad I got out to do my shopping then. The wind cuts right through your coat and I only had to go from the door to the end of the porch...jeeze, glad I don't have to go to work in that anymore...burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2. Ylee
3:45 PM GMT on January 23, 2013
Hey! You have company! Don't remember seeing another car in the driveway before!

Have a good day!
1. Alleyoops
2:19 PM GMT on January 23, 2013
Good morning Tony. Looks like it's cold for both of us but I must say you would probably prefer our 7F rather than those extreme cold ones you are getting. I see Ottawa has finally been reduced to your temps now too. Thankfully I am further south to miss those minus 20s F. Our high for today and tomorrow will be l8F. Read last night that Feb is going to be a warm month. I sure hope so, perhaps we will get an early spring this year and a real reprieve from the extreme cold.

Stay safe, stay well and most of all, stay warm.

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)ÍA█h

plapman's Recent Photos