A Walk With Abbey

By: plapman , 2:27 PM GMT on January 07, 2013

Today will be partly cloudy with a chance of snow and rain showers and a high of -2C but winds from the West at 25 to 30 km/h will make it feel like
-8C at time.
Tonight will be partly cloudy with an overnight low of -11C with a windchill as low as -17C. The winds will be from the WSW at 15 to 20 km/h.
------------------------------------------------- ---
I took abbey out for a long walk yesterday along the snowmobile trails. The walking there is getting better as the machines pack the snow harder with each pass. With the warm weather forecast for this week they trails will pack solid and when it freezes again it will be a good walk.
I never got out till about 4 pm and it was starting to get dark already. Time to don the reflective vest for Abbey and me.
I must thank the people in the south for turning their fans my way but please turn them down. I had hard time walking in a southerly direction but the warn air sure felt good.
Alley
My father may be in a film called D Day Dodgers witch was on the CBC a few years ago. it was about the soldiers who invaded Sicily and went on to Italy as my father did.

12:54 PM GMT on January 08, 2013
plapman has created a new entry.
5. GardenGrrl
11:10 AM GMT on January 08, 2013
Good Morning. It is kind of strange having dark in the "afternoon" of four pm. We start getting dark about 4:30.
Yesterday it was 29f when I woke up. Today is 47f.
Go figure.
4. Alleyoops
12:47 AM GMT on January 08, 2013
3. unclemush
4:25 PM GMT on January 07, 2013
Hi.I have to check Allies link.I always wanted the smaller snow shoe.I have the big ones.:)
2. Ylee
3:11 PM GMT on January 07, 2013
Days are getting longer, so it won't be too much longer until the sun goes down at 5, then 6 o'clock!

Maybe they have D Day Dodgers on utube, Alley!
1. Alleyoops
2:39 PM GMT on January 07, 2013
Tony, you need a pair of those new fangled snowshoes. They are very light weight and give you better walking ability in the snow. They have aluminum frames and quite durable. Smaller than the traditional ones too. Link

I will have to watch to see if Netflix gets that film. If so would love to see it.

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)Ah