Impulse Buying

By: plapman , 3:56 PM GMT on December 08, 2012

Today will be overcast with snow, then a chance of snow and rain showers in the afternoon with a high of -10C but winds at 10-20kph from the ENE will make it feel like -25C at times. There is a 70% Chance of snow with accumulations up to 4 cm possible.
Tonight will remain overcast with a chance of snow and rain showers in the evening, then partly cloudy with fog developing overnight. The low will be near -20C with a windchill as low as -27C. The winds will be from the North at 20 to 25 km/h. Chance of snow 40% with accumulations up to 3 cm possible.
------------------------------------------------- -
I've acquired a 10" tablet due to a mix up in online ordering at the store on Black Friday. I ordered 1 for the Queen as a Christmas present. When checking my online banking i noticed that I had been charged twice. After calling the stores customer support They agreed that I had only purchased 1 and would send a shipping label to return the unordered one if 2 showed up in the mail and credit my card for the unordered tablet. After seeing the Queen's new toy I have decided to keep them both. Talk about impulse buying. I can load the tablet with movies and games to keep me entertained on my next hospital stay if I have one.

12:47 PM GMT on December 09, 2012
plapman has created a new entry.
4. Ylee
2:21 AM GMT on December 09, 2012
Have fun with the new toy, but be careful; those things have cameras on them, and we wouldn't want you getting into trouble taking pictures of nurses if you go to the hospital!
3. unclemush
12:09 AM GMT on December 09, 2012
Hi Tony.Have fun with your new toy.Gonna snow here tomorrow.:)

2. ycd0108
5:04 PM GMT on December 08, 2012
Good morning Tony:
Good call!
We looked at the 10" Tablets in Las Vegas but decided on the Samsung Galaxy 5 mainly because it will fit in my pocket. I use the clock, calculator, GPS, camera, and maps functions anywhere and internet and email when I can connect to wifi.
How these all these functions can fit in a wallet sized instrument is way beyond me and there are a bunch of other capabilities I do not use. Music and movies:
I get all the music videos I need from stuff that folks here on WU post.
My next hospital stay will be also my first but it may not be too far away. I had not thought of that use. Hope they have wifi.
1. Alleyoops
4:19 PM GMT on December 08, 2012
Good morning Tony. I see you received a light dusting of snow again. Sure looks cold. Temps here are still hovering around the low 40s but I expect our colder weather will hit by Monday. Sure have seen enough rain to last for a while. Still overcast and wet today.

Sounds like it was meant to be when your order got mixed up. Another "toy" for the horde...LOL Enjoy your early Christmas present.

Have a great day. First again....

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)Ah