A Birthday Party and a New Recipe

By: plapman , 11:55 AM GMT on June 23, 2012

Yesterday the Queen and me attended a birthday party for a grandon. the BBQed sauage was great as was the cake the daughter had baked. Those grandsons are sure getting big.
On my way home from my walk with Abbey I stopped at neighbor's home and had a chat whith the lady of the house. She used to run the ccafetiera at the building I worked in. She made the best yeasty cinnamon buns I've tasted. With a little coaxing she said she'd write me out the recipe.

5. Ylee
2:57 AM GMT on June 24, 2012
Tony, if you can pull this off, Mush may be wanting to move in with you, lol!

Good luck on the cinnamon rolls; I wouldn't worry about getting them perfect. You seem to have a knack of making your mistakes taste better than the original! :)
4. janetlee
4:37 PM GMT on June 23, 2012
Belated b'day wishes to the grand, sounds as if you had a good day!

used to make lots of homemade breads, even gave sourdough bread a few tries. Now thats its just the 2 of us, no longer do it. Way too much work and do not eat much bread now.
3. OGal
1:25 PM GMT on June 23, 2012

Thanks Allie. Bring on that recipe Tony.
2. Alleyoops
1:23 PM GMT on June 23, 2012
Oh Ogal, I have used yeast and find it a great additive when making dinner rolls, breads etc. One just needs to proof it before using it. Always make sure the yeast you are using is reasonably fresh..some pkgs can sit on shelves for a long time and you need to watch out for the dates on them. As far as proofing goes, I take one cut of warm water (should be the temp of a baby bottle) and a tsp of sugar. Add yeast. Put it in a draft free area of your counter and let it sit for about 25 min. Your bread/rolls/bun results should turn out great. I find that the time you take to get everything ready to make your rolls/bread, usually works well. The kneading is very important as is the "set" time for it to rise. Always keep your bread in a draft free area. I turn on the oven light and leave it in the cold oven to rise...punch down, divide into pans....leave it rise again, then bake according to recipe.
1. OGal
12:28 PM GMT on June 23, 2012

Ya know Tony I have always been afraid of anything that calls for yeast. I have had horrible failures. I am sure there is a way to use yeast properly but I never have. If you get the recipe you have to share it with us.

Just watching and waiting to see what 96L is gonna do. We have had lots of rain. Hope this storm does not sit in the middle of the Gulf and become a hurricane.

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)ÍA█h

plapman's Recent Photos