A Wagon Ride and Super Snowman

By: plapman , 10:56 AM GMT on March 13, 2012

Today will be mainly sunny ith the wind becoming southeast at 30 km/h (19 mph) early this afternoon. Today's high will be 12C(54F).
Tonight will remain clear with the south wind at 30 km/h (19 mph) swingng to the northwest 30 km/h (19 mph) before morning. The ovenight low will be 2C(36F).
------------------------------------------------- ---
I never got Abbey out for a walk yesterdday but did takke one of the GGranddaughters to the store to pick up some milk while i babysat her while the granddaughter and the other GGranddaughter and her mom were busy at other things. The girl's boots were still wet from the day before so I put her in runners and gave her a wagon ride. She thought it was great to be able to go through the puddles( I told her lakes) and stay dry. it was funny watching her look through a hole in thr bottom of the wagon watching the water.
The 2 snowmen the girl's made are like poor Frosty now and quickly turning back to water. With the forecast predicting warm weather all week they'll soon just be part of my lawn. I I should carve one out of white styrofoam, put a cape on it then set it up in July, and call it Super Snowman when it's still standing in July.

5. ShenValleyFlyFish
3:44 PM GMT on March 13, 2012
Sounds like "Mud Season" fast approaches. Canadian cousin once told me: "In Canada we have 5 seasons. Winter, Breakup/Mud, Spring, Summer and Fall. And to be honest Spring/Summer/Fall could count for one."

Grandkids are the compensation for growing old.
4. GardenGrrl
3:13 PM GMT on March 13, 2012
Super Snow-Man! I love that idea. Wonder where you could find that much styrofoam?
3. Alleyoops
2:26 PM GMT on March 13, 2012
Good morning you old fart....this old fart decided to finally face the day and got her lazy old butt out of bed (for the second time) and am now waiting on my coffee to finish brewing. Going to be a great day here with temps up in the low to mid 60s and yes they are saying 70 for Thursday. Time to pull out those shorts and flipflops I guess...ROFLMBO If this keeps up I will be mowing the front lawn in a week or two. Woke up to a heavy rain pounding on the window around 2 AM but now the skies are clear with only a light breeze. A truly great Spring day.

Well dear one, enjoy your walks with the little one and Abbey. As they get bigger I am sure they will want to accompany Grandpa on his walks with Abbey. ENJOY!!!! Have a great day.
2. shoreacres
1:35 PM GMT on March 13, 2012
I've never seen the car doors open before! Life on the prairie!

It clearly is melting away up there. I remember how sad I'd be as a kid, when there was nothing left but the ditch drifts that stayed shaded and hung on until the bitter end. But, by that time, there were pussy willows and forsythia starting to bloom, and they helped make up for the lack of snow.

Besides, getting pulled in a wagon's just as good as getting pulled on a sled!
1. unclemush
11:54 AM GMT on March 13, 2012
Hi Tony.I just wanted to be first to prove I could still do it.:)

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)Ah