Thanks to my Loyal Followers, I Will return Come Summer

By: plapman , 1:54 PM GMT on February 24, 2012

Click for Portage Southport, Canada Forecast
=================================================

Today will see light sight snow witha northwest wind at 30 km/h (19 mph). The high will be -10C(14F).
Tonight will be partly cloudy with a 30% chance of flurries. as the wind drops to 15 km/h (9 mph). The overnight low will be -23C(-9F) with a wind chill of -25c(-13F).
-------------------------------------------------
I guess the winter duldrums have set in. I have no projects in mind and my daily walk with Abbey is getting to be the high point in my day. I think like Alleyoops I'll tempoarily close the doors. I'll be back come summer but will continue to lurk in the background.

From My Basement Window

Giveaway of the Day

Locations of Site Visitors

9. xfiles2012
8:21 PM GMT on February 26, 2012
Hi there,your comments has prompted me to register. I read your blog most days and have done so for years so please don't take a break. I am not from Canada - I live in Wales, Great Britain, but have family in New Liskeard On.
8. unclemush
4:55 PM GMT on February 25, 2012
I just had a thought.Don't laugh.:) If you don't want to blog Abbey could take over till spring.:)
7. unclemush
2:09 PM GMT on February 25, 2012
Hi Tony.The sun is getting higher everyday.This is the time of year in the UP that just when you think winter is over the snow comes.We need snow cover.I can see the ground.Drought isn't my idea of fun.:)
6. shoreacres
1:51 PM GMT on February 25, 2012
Oh, no, you don't. I can't go without my daily dose of the view from the Prairie. Besides, how will we keep up with Abbey if you disappear? That dog has fans, too, you know! LOL

I will say it looks a little nippy for a walk today. That below zero business just isn't on my list of things to enjoy. I get all unnerved if it gets below freezing.

Have a good day - and stay warm!

5. GardenGrrl
12:02 PM GMT on February 25, 2012
Hey buddy, during the last doldrums of winter a computer screen is a great substitute for sunlight.

Now we are going to have to fly both you and the Queen down. The wallpaper isn't finished and I have a ton of garden things to do. lol.
4. Alleyoops
11:11 AM GMT on February 25, 2012
You got it YLEE...I will pick on you guys more when I don't have Plapman to bug on a daily basis...heee heee heee
3. Ylee
4:35 AM GMT on February 25, 2012
Tony, just because you don't have any projects ongoing doesn't mean we don't want to hear about your day-to-day goings on! You're interesting and fun enough, by yourself! Besides, if you go on hiatus, it means that Alley is going to pick on me and Mush more, so you have to stay on here and take it like the rest of us, lol!
2. unclemush
4:05 PM GMT on February 24, 2012
Hi Tony.I always have the same problem this time of year.It's been a mild winter so far,but I need green things to look at.Same as everybody that lives in the north.:)
1. Alleyoops
2:49 PM GMT on February 24, 2012
Hi Tony, don't let the doldrums get you down. There is too much fun to be had even if its still cold outside. With your wonderful wit and work on your project, we would miss our daily fix of Plapman.

Because I have become an old fuddy duddy doesn't mean you must too. Spring will soon be here and we will be able to do things out in the warm sunshine. That is our problem right now...we need more sun and less snow and cold weather. Soon dear one soon.

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)Ah

plapman's Recent Photos