Another Day on the Prairie

By: plapman , 1:40 PM GMT on February 22, 2012

Today will see flurries ending this morning then cloudy with a 30% chance of flurries. Todays high will be 0C(32F).
Tonight will be mainly cloudy with a 30% chance of flurries. The overnight low will be -10C(14F).
------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I almost messed up one of Betty's cakes. I was mixing the ingrediants and wondered why it was so thick. I then realized that i had forgotten to add 2 eggs. My egg supply was in 2 boxes with 1 in 1 box and a full carton. I added the 1 egg and forgot to add the other 2 called for. :) I wonder how the cake would have turned out if I hadn't of caught my error. :)
After I had finished the cake I had a 2 hour nap. Poor Abbey never got out on the trails yesterday.
I also added to the pioneer project by making a leather holder for the winchester. Is that leather ever hard to work with in such small pieces. I think I'll leave the tiny stuff for a day or 2 and maybe put a quartz movement in an old clock case I bought at a garage sale in the Quepelle Valley on a trip to visit my daughter while she was going to univercity in Regina, gosh that was a long time ago.
On the medical part of my life I should phone my doctor and tell him it's day 3 pn the garbage cycle and the trash goes on the curb tonight for pickup tomorrow morning.I guess I'm still in the real world even if I don't know the day of the week most days.

5. GRANDMANAN
8:28 PM GMT on February 22, 2012
Afternoon Tony, seems to me that is one of the reasons we have kids around to tell us what day of the week it is, otherwise not overly important.
You are a brave soul to get into the baking mode, BBQ with beverage is my culinary expertise.
Have a good one.

ROB
4. Alleyoops
4:14 PM GMT on February 22, 2012
Good morning Tony. One of the joys of being retired is never worry what day of the week it is. Only days we have to worry remembering are birthdays, anniversaries and holidays, everything else is really not that important. All we need to do is go on with our daily living, enjoying the time we are given.

Hope you have a great day...by the way your cake would have turned out ok although denser.
3. Ylee
2:52 PM GMT on February 22, 2012
Good morning, Tony! Knowing the day of the week isn't as important as it used to be, when stores, shops, and even factories were only open Mon.-Fri., and maybe half the day Saturday! Nowadays more and more places are running 24/7, so the 'weekend' isn't so much a fixed time during the week, it's what you make of your time off!

Have a good day!
2. shoreacres
1:58 PM GMT on February 22, 2012
Trust me, Tony - you're not the only one who has to stop and think about the day of the week now and then. Since my work schedule depends on the weather, if there are rainy days during the week and I work on the weekend, I can get completely mixed up. Thank goodness my computer will tell me, since I don't take a newspaper any more!
1. unclemush
1:55 PM GMT on February 22, 2012
Hi Tony.Knowing the day of the week is over rated.:)

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)ÍA█h

plapman's Recent Photos