More About Abbey and A New Artist On The Prairie

By: plapman , 12:43 PM GMT on February 14, 2012

Click for Portage Southport, Canada Forecast
================================================= Today will start sunny the change to a mix of sun and cloud this morning. Fog patches that developed overnight will dissipate this morning. todays high will be a blistering 3C(37F).
Toht will be cloudy withan overnight low of -8C(17F).
------------------------------------------------- -
I took a rest from the projects yesterday but did get Abbey out on the bunny trails where she managed to rroust out a bunny a. The only time she gets more than a couple of hundred feet from me on our treks is when she find a bunny but all it takes is 1 whistle and she breaks off the chase and comes back to me. I've never had such a loyal dog.
I think today I'll start a tiny axe for the settlers to cut trees for their proposed log cabin and coral.
A good thing has come of my playing with the dremal. My grandson has taken interest in wood carving and is working on a car made from a 2x4. It will be good for his imagination and keep him from sitting in front of the television or playing video games. yesterday. Starting at a young age he may become an accomplished artist some day.
================================================

From My Basement Window

Giveaway of the Day

Locations of Site Visitors

5. unclemush
6:05 PM GMT on February 14, 2012
Hi Tony.Abbey is my hero.Love the pictures the Ladies are posting.:)
4. Ylee
5:42 PM GMT on February 14, 2012
Good morning, Tony! better fix up something nice for the Queen today; they don't like to be forgotten! :) Maybe Abbey could catch a rabbit and you could fix her supper, lol!

Have a great day!
3. GardenGrrl
4:03 PM GMT on February 14, 2012
2. shoreacres
2:02 PM GMT on February 14, 2012
Glad to hear you've been out and about a bit. Don't forget to do a little snuggling, too!

1. Alleyoops
1:00 PM GMT on February 14, 2012
Good morning Tony. I agree, start them young to have an interest in a productive hobby and who knows, someday he can make it a full time job if he becomes really good at it. I agree, it sure beats sitting in front of a TV playing video games.

Fine snow falling at the moment, won't amount to much except maybe a very light dusting, with temps going up into the mid 30s I doubt it will be around long. Thurs its back up into the 40s again so what we do have will melt.

Well I think I will head back to bed for a bit as I have a splitting headache. Change in air pressure does that. Have a wonderful VALENTINES DAY dear one..remember to pick a little something up for the Queen or at least bake her a cake...LOL

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)Ah

plapman's Recent Photos