Keeping Busy on the Prairie

By: plapman , 1:28 PM GMT on February 07, 2012

Today will be sunny with a high of -8C(17F).
Tonight will remain clear with a west wind at 20 km/h (12 mph). The low will be -10C(14F).
-------------------------------------------------
The Queen is going to fire Dorthy Domestic. After waiting 2 Dorthy to bake a cake she baked one herself. When I told her how I applied the icing the Queen said she's baked cakes longer than me. :)
I think I took a weekend off. :)
Today I have to put a new end on the cord for the Queen's block heater. When plugging in her car last night I noticed one of the wires was broken. For those in warmer climes a block heater keeps the engine warm by heating the antifreeze in the motor. It's a good thing it's been so warm and haven't needed the extra heat in the morning. I usually plug in the car when the fore casted low is below -18C(0F). I beleive I have an new cord end in the hoard. :)
I got Abbey out for a walk along the bunny trails but cut it short due to the strong north wind. I have a section about a 1/2 mile long along a n/s road. The trip south would have been good but the return trip would have been too cold for this guy. I'm turning into a wimp. :)
Today while the Queens at work I'll have to transfer the rest of her data onto her hard drive and see if I can get a wireless keyboard the daughter spilled a drink on working again. With the Queen and grandaughter both working I'll have access to the kitchen table witch is brightly lit by the sun.
My next project will be to create a wire loom to untangel the mess of wires behind my computer. If it works out well I'll build one for the Queen's new computer. When I set up the Queen's computer I came up with a good idea, I labeled the usb and cord ends. I'll have to do that with mine too.It sure beats following a wire from the device to the outlet when you want to disconnect it.

6. unclemush
12:06 PM GMT on February 08, 2012
Hi Tony.I'm making sure I don't forget to post today! :)
5. Ylee
6:31 AM GMT on February 08, 2012
Tony, you'll have to hit up Alley for a good recipe to get back on the Queen's good side! :)
4. unclemush
7:11 PM GMT on February 07, 2012
Hi Tony.Guess I forgot to post here.:0
3. Patrap
3:58 PM GMT on February 07, 2012
2. GardenGrrl
3:56 PM GMT on February 07, 2012
Good Morning,
I got tired of vacuuming dust and crumbs out of the keyboard and found a suitable keyboard cover.

Got it at Fryes Electronics. It is simple a non-static stretchable piece of clear plastic with loops to go around keyboard of laptop to hold it in place.

Could also be used on standard keyboard with some modifications. The important thing here is don't use saran wrap, it builds a static charge.

Spend the 5 bucks on this non-static plastic cover.
1. Alleyoops
3:44 PM GMT on February 07, 2012
Good morning Tony, do like I did to control the wires, you can either use plastic tubing or rubber tubing, cut to length, split it down one side and enclose wires in it. Sure keeps things neat and untangled back there. BTW, bread tabs make good markers for your wires too.

You need a break from your Dorothy Domestic duties once in a while. It was nice that the Queen made my stuffed chicken breast recipe. Hope she tries more of them.

Well dear one, overcast here but mild out..again no complaints regarding the weather.

Have a great day. HUGS to all.

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)ÍA█h

plapman's Recent Photos