A Late Post and a new Computer for the Queen

By: plapman , 5:08 PM GMT on February 05, 2012

Today will be sunny with a west wind at 20 km/h (12 mph). The high today will be 5C(41F).
================================================= ===
I gave up on the Queen's laptop yesterday. It's in the shop waiting for repairs She was lost on her geneaolgy reasearch. Those thing are just about a throw away item now. Repairs in a shop cost almost as much as a new machine. I bought her a new one. Luckily i had did a complete backup of the laptop befroe taking it into the shop. luckily the thing ran long enough to do a complete backup. This morning I restored the project she was working on from and external hard drive. If the cost to repair the laptop is under $100 I'll have a laptop to add to the hoard. It will come in handy if the Queen and I venture back to her birthplace at Gand manan or visit the daughter in Newfoundland.
It's funny while hooking up the new computer I found an external drive I had bought her under her desk. The thing still had backups up to Jan 1 of this year. The Queen hadn't told me the thing was missing. lol
I'll have to schedule the EaseUS free backuo app I use to back the new comp on a regular basis.
At one time I would have backed up the laptop and reinstalled the OS. The confusion caused by damage to the cocentration area of the brain sure makes things harder.

Tonight

Clear. Increasing cloudiness after midnight. Wind west 20 km/h (12 mph) becoming light this evening. Wind

5. unclemush
10:47 AM GMT on February 06, 2012
Hi Tony.:)
4. Alleyoops
10:24 PM GMT on February 05, 2012
Good late afternoon Tony. Just managed to make it over to WU now to see if you finally made it on. Sorry to hear the Queens laptop went Kaput!!! Hope this one is a good machine with lots of RAM and storage. I sure cannot complain about this computer anyway. If you still would like that Norton Security 360 for it, let me know and I will send you the Keycode...

Have a great evening....
3. unclemush
9:32 PM GMT on February 05, 2012
Hi Tony.Third.:)
2. GardenGrrl
8:56 PM GMT on February 05, 2012
Hi,
It's amazing how it's cheaper to buy something new than fix it. Our washer transmission went out and for a few dollars more than the part would cost we could buy a new one. Glad you were able to save the Queens research.
1. Ylee
8:46 PM GMT on February 05, 2012
Hi, Tony! I, too think that computers, and electronics in general, are made a whole lot cheaper nowadays. I remember that old keyboard you had, and how long you had it. Can one made today last half as long? I doubt it.

Looks like another springlike day for you today! Hope you and Abbey can take advantage of it!

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)ÍA█h

plapman's Recent Photos