An Interesting Chat, Sleeping in, and Another Project Ccomplete.

By: plapman , 1:46 PM GMT on October 18, 2011

Click for Portage Southport, Manitoba Forecast
=================================================
Today will start sunny but will bring increasing cloudiness late this afternoon. The wind will be northwest at 20 km/h (12 mph) and the high will be 6C(43F).
Tonight will be cloudy with the northwest wind at 20 km/h (12 mph) becoming light early this evening. The over night low will be -3C(26F).
================================================= ===
Abbey and me did our usual walk yesterday but took tthe downtown route. While walking I stopped and had a brief chat with a gentleman cleaning windows on one of the oldest buildings in Portage, the old Land Titles Building. He complained about how the painters had splattered the window and went to look for a scraper. On our way back he was finishing up the window and I stopped to chat again. I asked him what the new owner was going to do with the old building which is designated as a historic site. I had passed there before and workers were cleaning the old brick with a power washer and had asked who had bought the building as I had seen a for sale sign on it.
When I asked the man cleaning the windows if he knew the new use for the building he said he didn't know what he was going to use the 100+ year old buiolding for and that he was the new owner. The man is a local historian who writes columns in a publication for the Save the CPR Station project which I subscribe to. I'm sure he will put it to good use.
We haad a very interesting chat about the local history and what we thought the future for the city might hold.
I can't beleive I slept so late. It was 7:10 when I opened my eyes for the second time. I was up and at thw keyboard at my usual 3:00am but for some reason I was faced with a black screen with just the mouse pointer moving. I rebooted which solved that problem but the web cam wasn't working. I unplugged it and replugged it and that solved that problem. When I had my computer glitches fixed I was feeling tired and went back to bed. I haven't felt this good in months! if I don't quit this nasty habit of sleeping till after 7 Mush will have the fire department hammering my door down.:)
Yesterday I completed the overkill rotary tool box. I'll have to get some photos and brag aboit my handy work meanwhile I'll have to think up a new project.
========================================
From My Basement Window

_________________________________________________
Giveaway of the Day
Myspace Visitor World Map
Visitor World MapFree Hit Counter

5. Alleyoops
9:12 PM GMT on October 18, 2011
Hi Tony, glad you were able to sleep in this morning. Was not worried as I saw the car in the driveway so I knew you were probably cuddled up with the Queen or that you may have computer problems. LOL Glad to hear it was just a combination of both...

Waiting on the rain, looks like we are in for more rain the rest of the week now. Oh joy. All I know is that my arthritis is really bad today and going out to the grocery store was difficult. Slept this afternoon so feel pretty good now although its still a bit difficult to walk or use my hands.

Guess I should go and make something to eat for supper and take my night meds. Have a great evening.
4. GardenGrrl
3:19 PM GMT on October 18, 2011
Good Morning,
Great to hear you are feeling good! I'm finally starting to feel myself again after a week + of being beat up by chemo after effects.

Looking forward to seeing your rotary project.
I'm trying to think up a useful...useful being the operative word, wood turning project.
Looks like you are having nice weather from the basement window.
3. Ylee
2:40 PM GMT on October 18, 2011
Maybe you can work a deal out with Mush to have you both sleep in so neither of you will call the fire dept. ! :)

I hope the new owner of the old building figures out a good use for it. I've seen old buildings bought out with no plan, and the wind up just rotting away until they are condemned.

Looks you have a chilly but sunny day ahead of you, while we are getting rain. Have a good day!
2. masshysteria
2:05 PM GMT on October 18, 2011
Quoting Plapman:

Good Morning Tony!

Glad to hear that pleasant daily walks, interesting chats with fellow La Prairian historians and more restful sleep seem to be paying off for you right now! It's hard to settle into a healthy daily routine when so many other distractions get in the way.

Like you, I'm having so many problems with computer glitches, which are mostly due to task manager freeze ups. I'm still kicking myself in the head for allowing a computer tech rep. convince me to swap out a perfectly running slightly older modem for a newer one. Ever since then, I've become a master at learning how to end a frozen task on Windows and patiently wait till I can finally get online. So frustrating! Naturally, my internet provider tries to pass the buck onto Microsoft which has stopped supporting my older XP and Office programs. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to, at least, continue to make my way onto the WU site in the days ahead.

Nevertheless, hope your computer aggravations are more quickly resolved, the seasonal days ahead continue to be kind, and you'll find plenty of enjoyable indoor activities (on much colder days) to occupy your time while the Queen's at work. Hope your granddaughter's doing much better and getting the helps she needs. I know what a rough spell it's been for you all these past few months.
1. unclemush
1:58 PM GMT on October 18, 2011
Hi Tony.Sleep is good for you!When I call the fire dept.I figure they need the practice.:)

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)Ah

plapman's Recent Photos