My Father in WW II

By: plapman , 2:21 PM GMT on November 11, 2009

Today will be sunny with a high of 12C(54F).
Tonight it will change to cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and a southeast wind at 20 km/h (12 mph). The overnight low will be 3C(37F).
==============================================================

My Father in World War 2
On Leave in London

A Regimental Photo

My father is in the 4th row from the bottom , standing 2nd from the right

Wounded from the Winnipeg Free Press

=============================================================

7. RobDaHood
12:22 AM GMT on November 12, 2009
Thanks for sharing the info about your dad. I know you must be proud.

I have a grandfather who served in WWII in the pacific in the Corps of Engineers and an Uncle who enlisted underage and served in both the Pacific and at Normandy in the US Navy.

Only in the last few years have I gotten them to sit down and tell of their experiences first hand. Their stories are both fascinating and horrid to hear. Neither of them "HAD" to go, but they did because they felt it was the right thing to do. Many others did the same. They are all heroes to me.
6. YohoLake
11:48 PM GMT on November 11, 2009
Appropriate pictures Tony, what a good idea for today. My Dad served in Holland and during the occupation in Germany.

I tried to take your suggestion and hide, but since my "muscle" was required to move the furniture back in place in my study, I had to show myself.
5. Alleyoops
3:43 PM GMT on November 11, 2009
Great tribute to your dad. Thank you for sharing it with us. Have a blessed day dear one.
4. seflagamma
3:43 PM GMT on November 11, 2009
Hello Platman,

We honor Veterans like Your Dad, God Bless Him and thank you for sharing his story with us.

We need to thank All our Veterans!
On Veterans Day or Rememberance Day!

Veterans Day
Grab a new Myspace Layout

3. incogkneetoe
3:41 PM GMT on November 11, 2009
We will remember them
Photobucket
We will never forget
2. unclemush
3:38 PM GMT on November 11, 2009
Good Morning.Nice blog.My dad and uncle served in that war.My brother and I served later.
1. Alleyoops
2:30 PM GMT on November 11, 2009
Good morning Tony. Its sunny and cool here today as well. Great day for parades and well wishing to our military serving abroad and to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

The Northern Edge

About plapman

Retired and loving it. If I'd have known about retirement befor I started my 40 year career with the government of Manitoba I'd have retired first. :)ÍA█h