Sailing, Sailing, Over The Bounding Main.....

By: palmettobug53 , 2:53 AM GMT on November 10, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bug and Hubby are heading out tomorrow! We're all packed and ready to go. Thanks for all the good wishes on my last blog entry. I'm sure we'll have a great time.

Dad is especially excited about us going with them this time. It will be nice to have an extended time together; our visits are usually the one or two day types. Just not enough time at all.

I've got my WUBA shirt, my WUBA tote and my WUBA pin. I wonder if anyone will recognize the logos? LOL

I'll stop by the Internet Cafe onboard and find out about their access and charges. If it's reasonable, I'll check in about midweek and wave! Otherwise, I'll be back online probably next Saturday afternoon.

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Bermuda Weather Service

Norwegian Majesty

Page: 1 | 2Blog Index

95. palmettobug53
12:20 AM GMT on November 19, 2007
Thanks for the welcome home greetings, everyone!

I am dead tired tonight... If we had gotten home yesterday, as expected, I wouldn't have had so much to take care of, all in one day.

No, Huri, I did not get to wet my feet or put them in pink sand. Public beaches in Bermuda, unless you are staying at a resort, are not readily available. I did see a few folks boarding the buses, obviously with bathing suits on under shorts or coverups, and loaded with beach gear, so I assume they had plans to get to one of those few available beaches. We did not, sad to say. Most of our onshore trips were with Dad and SMom and were mainly sightseeing trips.

Met lots of people; even (briefly) a few locals in Bermuda, which was nice. Some of the folks we met onboard were very nice, though there were the occasional odd ones. You know the ones: they walk by, and you cut your eyes at hubby, or Dad, or SMom, and stifle a laugh or exchange looks.

Had my WUBA shirt and WUBA tote but no one seemed to recognize the logos at all. Or if they did, they never said anything. I missed my WUBA friends! Wish you could have all been along; we would have had fun!

We did have a nice time, though. The weather was chilly for the most part, and overcast, though there were periods when the sun would come out and it would feel downright warm. Then, there was Thurs/Fri, when it was cold, rainy, windy and with very high seas. Not nice at all.

I am going to see if I can do up a short entry, on the first couple of days. I'm too tired to bother with trying to find images, etc., or do more than just Part 1, for tonight.
94. CATAWIFE1
11:35 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
Welcome home {[Bug}}
93. charlestonlady
11:18 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
Welcome home bug!
92. oneshotww
11:13 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
Bug, welcome home, can't wait for some details. I jot down notes too when on a trip, can't remember it all!
91. SBKaren
11:02 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
{{{{{{{{{{{{Bug}}}}}}}}}}}}

Welcome Home!!!

I have a very short week and I'm not doing Thanksgiving dinner this year, so if you need help posting pictures I'm only an email away!!!
90. hurigo
10:41 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
Hello Bug,
Welcome Home.
Good luck with the ganglion and work.
Am with you hoping that no surgery will be required.

I only have one thing to ask you re Bermuda:
Did you get to put your feet in pink sand?

Well, there is more I want to ask:
Did you meet any new, nice people?
Did you wear your WUBA shirt and did you cross paths with anyone who recognized the symbol?
Did you walk into the water?
Was it absolutely beautiful?
Did you have a wonderful time?
Did hubby have a wonderful time?
89. palmettobug53
8:00 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
No, it's back to work in the a.m., for me and hubby.

I have a followup visit w/ the surgeon, to check my arm, tomorrow morning. The ganglion is still gone, so am hoping that we can cancel the surgery that is scheduled for Wed. If it is cancelled, I will be off Thursday, only, for Thanksgiving. If he still wants to go ahead, I will be off Wed, Thurs, Fri and will return to work Monday after Thanksgiving. Really, really hope that surgery will be cancelled.

Not sure what happens with the next cruise. The delay has probably messed up their schedule and possibly they will only get 2 days in Bermuda, instead of 2 and 1/2. Bummer. But when bad weather and S.O.S.'s are concerned, the captain has to do what he has to do.

Got my clothes washed and pegged out and my pot of beans on the stove. Now, I need to make a run to the grocer for milk, bread, etc. Am slap out, as I did not do my normal shopping, prior to the cruise. No sense in buying, if it's all just going to sit for a week.

BBL... Again.

LOL
88. sandiquiz
5:42 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
Hi there, it is good to go travelling but oh, so good to come home!!!

And a woman after my own heart - make use of the freebie....
I wonder what happened to the poor folk who were supposed to go out of Charleston on the boat yesterday? I presume it leaves every Saturday??

Looking forward to your Bug's Big Adventure:))
87. palmettobug53
5:31 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
And, man.... Was I jonesing for a weather fix and a blog fix. Karen is right; access on board is HIGHLY expensive:

$100.00 for 200 min.
$55.00 for 100 min.
OR
.75 per minute, if you just want to pay as you go.

When I logged on yesterday, it was a 15 minute freebie, so that folks could email family re: the delay in arrival. Otherwise, I would not have been checking in.
86. palmettobug53
5:29 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
Well, I'm HOME!!!! Wonderful trip but it's good to get back to my own bathroom and my own bed and some home cooking!

I woke up at 4 this a.m. and decided I might as well get up. Showered and dressed and went up top. Got a cuppa joe and sat down for a front row seat, to watch us coming into Charleston harbour before dawn, with all the lights twinkling everywhere. Amazing, how they handle those big ships. You can't even feel it come to a stop, when they ease it up to the dock.

Ya'll will have to wait for pics. Have some disposables (digital and regular) that will have to be developed and I don't have time today (or after work, much, this week) to take stuff to Walmart or start trying to figure out how to upload from my digital. (There's pictures in it; I just have to figure out how to get them out!) I have a ton of laundry to do and some dusting and such. Am going to fix a pot of dried limas and ham and a big pot of rice tonight for supper. Food on board was great but I'm hankering for my "own" food!

AND I HAVE TO CUT THESE DAD-BLASTED FINGERNAILS! I can't type worth a toot! Grew them out for the cruise, so that they would look nice and I could put polish on them. They are driving me NUTS!

Not sure if the cats are glad to see us or not. Thor looks P.O.'d and Daisy is a bundle of nerves and won't come out from under the bed.

I'll be putting up a new entry later on today or this evening, to tell you all about our trip. I tried to jot down some notes each day, to jog my memory when I relate Bug's Big Adventure.

Will be back later!
85. Gatorxgrrrl
1:22 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
Can't wait to hear all about it!!
84. carolinagal
1:21 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
Currently 55┬░ in Charleston. I bet it was colder on the waterfront - and earlier this morning!

83. PeaceRiverBP
1:05 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
Hi Bug! WELCOME HOME!!! Hubby & I are in SC until Monday, so we're ~~~~waving~~~~ hello from Conway!
82. OGal
12:13 PM GMT on November 18, 2007
Oh darn Bug! I was looking for some clever grahic to welcome you home and could not find one so I guess I will just have to shout, "WELCOME HOME!" Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
81. hurigo
11:48 AM GMT on November 18, 2007
HOME
80. sandiquiz
11:29 AM GMT on November 18, 2007
Hiya Bug - Hope your last night was wonderful, and at this precise moment you should be sailing into harbour. So ................

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
79. bigtrucker
10:34 AM GMT on November 18, 2007
Hi (((Bug}}}
I saw that blob near the bahamas and wondered if that was affecting your trip... Thanks for the update
78. carolinagal
4:21 AM GMT on November 18, 2007
77. SBKaren
3:15 AM GMT on November 18, 2007
Hiya Bug - I think, and I only think, that you returned today, but you must be wiped out. I saw that you made one short post. Hmmm...rough seas on a ship - not my cup of tea, but sounds like you handled it well.

Hope your sea legs leave you soon and ground is firm once again.

Can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos too. Take your time. You mentioned that you had a wonderful time - So happy that the weather cooperated for you - at least part of the time!

Do you get Thursday and Friday off? Do you have to return to work on Monday? I can't remember how much time you were able to get off.

Really looking forward to hearing from you!
Karen
76. seflagamma
8:16 PM GMT on November 17, 2007
Bug,
I see you and I were posting at the same time!

Well so you get an extra day on the ship.. that's pretty good! Hope the seas settle down a little so you can enjoy your last evening.

Sounds like it was an exciting cruise.. cannot wait for the details.

If you are getting in at 6:30am you will be tired tomorrow... so get some rest then tell us all about it!!!!!
75. hurigo
6:01 PM GMT on November 17, 2007
OH Boy, Bug Posted.
Can't wait till you get home to tell the stories. Smooth sailing to you.
74. sandiquiz
2:15 PM GMT on November 17, 2007
Hiya Bug!!

You found your sea legs then!! Safe journey home to Chas, and the Key West was me ... don't worry,I have lost my marbles- LOL
73. palmettobug53
1:57 PM GMT on November 17, 2007
OK.... making a quick post here...

We have had some rough weather. Slowed us down considerably. We also were diverted by the Bermuda Rescue Command Thurs. night to do an at sea rescue of a sick passenger on a small sailboat. Rather exciting.

We will arrive in Chas tomorrow morning around 6:30 a.m. No detour to Key West. Don't have time to read back and see where that came up. Probably some miscommunication on the NCL site, I guess.

Had wonderful time in Bermuda. Weather was nice except for THurs - last night. VERY rough seas! No tum problems, though! Will check in after we get home!
72. seflagamma
1:57 PM GMT on November 17, 2007
{{{Bug}}}

I know you are probably sad the trip is over. When hubby and I were on our Cruise in 2003 we didn't want it to end. If we had been retired and rich..we would have stayed on for another 7 days (but we are working class poor so didn't have that option) LOL! It was so hard to get off that ship.

But we miss you and cannot wait to hear your stories!!!

Welcome Home!!!!
71. incogkneetoe
1:55 PM GMT on November 17, 2007
Good Morning Bug

First pot of coffee gone, time to brew some more.
Its windy and raining here today, a great day to sit in front of the TV and watch football.
Have a good one.
Take care, be safe, be good to yourself.

Gary
70. Patrap
12:12 PM GMT on November 17, 2007
WHAT..Bug is on the way from the Airport? OMG!!!

Initiate Exit plan "B"!

69. redagainPatti
10:27 AM GMT on November 17, 2007
Have a good trip darling. I hope you and your family all have a chance to make very special memories together.
68. sandiquiz
9:44 AM GMT on November 17, 2007
Well, today is the day .... you will be home in a few hours, probably having your last early breakfast on the boat as I type.

I do hope you and your family have had a wonderful time, and have lots of tales to tell.

Catch you later perhaps...........:))
67. hurigo
12:13 AM GMT on November 17, 2007
Time for a Bug Bump.
Hey Bug, Chas has spread the words that there is a freeze warning in your neck of the woods. Hope you sheltered the outdoor plants before your departure.
66. seflagamma
4:05 PM GMT on November 16, 2007
Hi Bug,

Just wanted to check in at your blog this morning while I can.

!!!!

cannot wait to hear your stories.. that will make for a very interesting blog when you return!!!
65. hurigo
11:46 AM GMT on November 16, 2007
Good Day, Bug.
64. Raysfan70
11:44 AM GMT on November 16, 2007
Good Morning {{Bugg}}.
Have a Great Day. :-)

glitter-graphics.com

Can you bring a little of the warmth back with you?
63. incogkneetoe
11:05 AM GMT on November 16, 2007
Good Morning

In order to continue getting-by in America , you all need to learn the NEW English language! Practice by reading the following conversation until you are able to understand the term " TENJOOBERRYMUDS".

With a little patience, you'll be able to fit right in. Now, here goes...The following is a telephone exchange between maybe you as a hotel guest and room-service somewhere in the good old U S A today......

Room Service : "Morrin. Roon sirbees."
Guest : "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service."
Room Service: " Rye. Roon sirbees...morrin! Joowish to oddor sunteen???"
Guest: "Uh..... Yes, I'd like to order bacon and eggs."
Room Service: "Ow July den?"
Guest: ".....What??"
Room Service: "Ow July den?!?... pryed, boyud, poochd?"
Guest: "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry.. scrambled, please."
Room Service: "Ow July dee baykem? Crease?"
Guest: "C risp will be fine."
Room Service: "Hokay. An Sahn toes?"
Guest: "What?"
Room Service: "An toes. July Sahn toes?"
Guest: "I... don't think so."
RoomService: "No? Judo wan sahn toes???"
Guest: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes' means."
RoomService: "Toes! Toes!...Why Joo don Juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?"
Guest: "Oh, English muffin!!! I've got it! You were saying 'toast'... Fine...Yes, an English muffin will be fine."
RoomService: "We bodder?"
Guest: "No, just put the bodder on the side."
RoomService: "Wad?!?"
Guest: "I mean butter... just put the butter on the side."
RoomService: "Copy?"
Guest: "Excuse me?"
RoomService: "Copy...tea..meel?"
Guest: "Yes. Coffee, please... and that's everything."
RoomService: "One Min nie. Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin, we bodder on sigh and copy ... rye??"
Guest: "Whatever you say."
RoomService: "Tenjooberrymuds."
Guest: "You're welcome"
Remember I said "By the time you read through this YOU WILL UNDERSTAND 'TENJOOBERRYMUDS' ".....

Its Friday, you survived another week, its time to kick up your heels and get ready to enjoy your weekend. Have a good one.

Gary

62. OGal
10:54 AM GMT on November 16, 2007
Well, Bug you will be home soon. Hope all your pictures come out and we all can take the trip to Bermuda too.
61. sandiquiz
8:23 AM GMT on November 16, 2007
{{Another Bug bump}}
60. sandiquiz
2:01 PM GMT on November 15, 2007
{{{A Bug bump}}}
59. seflagamma
1:46 PM GMT on November 15, 2007
Hey Bug,

Just stopping by to say hi!

What's this about stopping off in Key West... that is a pretty big detour from Bemuda.

Have a Frozen "Miami Vice" for me on the deck today!

Oh yes, did you have your "Martini" by the piano bar yet????
58. StormJunkie
1:40 PM GMT on November 15, 2007
Have a great time Bug :~)
57. OGal
1:38 PM GMT on November 15, 2007
Bug, saw Sandi's post that you were stopping at Key West. What fun! You can watch that gorgeous sunset. Hope your trip has been lots of fun.
56. incogkneetoe
12:29 PM GMT on November 15, 2007
Good Morning Bug

Clyde the Newfie died in a fire and was burnt pretty badly and the
morgue needed someone to identify the body.
So they sent for his two best friends, Danny and Joey.
Danny went in and the mortician pulled back the sheet.
Danny said, "Yees by, he's burnt pretty bad. Roll him over."
So the mortician rolled him over and Danny looked down and said,
"Nope, it ain't Clyde."

The mortician thought that was rather strange.

Then he brought Joey in to identify the body and Joey took a look
at him and said, "Yees by, he's burnt real bad. Roll him over."

The mortician rolled him over and Joey looked down and
said: "No, it ain't Clyde."

The mortician asked, "How can you tell?"
Joey said: "Well,Clyde had two a**holes."
"What? He had two a**holes?" said the mortician.
Yees by, everyone in town knew he had two assholes. Every time the
three of us went to town, folks would say: "Here comes Clyde with
them two a**holes."

Have a great day.

Take care, be safe and be good to yourself

Gary
55. Raysfan70
12:17 PM GMT on November 15, 2007
Good Morning {{Bugg}}.

glitter-graphics.com
54. hurricanecrab
11:15 AM GMT on November 15, 2007
Morning {{bug}}! Well, lookee here, there's actually a somewhat new data buoy - BePB6 stationed outside of Bermuda, and tings look pretty calm.... Yay! Looks like you might get some rainage late tonight.

I know, huh? How strange is that to get weather from me haha! I know I hinted at the possibility of running wild in your blog whilst you're gone, however the blog clean-up crew is also on vaction and my hands are too sore from shoveling to weild a broom. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Hope you're all having a great time!
53. sandiquiz
11:01 AM GMT on November 15, 2007
Sending you some sunshine from the UK - cold, but sun nevertheless!!

Hope you are still enjoying it. Today is the stop off at Key West, are you going to do "the pub crawl" hehehehe.

Later .... maybe I have just lost it, and you are not going to Key West at all ...........

(Sandi says to self, "You must learn to read the header"!!!)
52. miawolf
9:56 AM GMT on November 15, 2007
Morning {{Bug}} :)

Thinking of you. Be safe and have a wonderful time! :)
51. carolinagal
3:17 AM GMT on November 15, 2007
Hmmmm.... the Bermuda forecast calls for showers Thursday and Friday. Hopefully, not on our bug!! At least, not enough to "rock the boat."

50. LakeWorthFinn
2:32 AM GMT on November 15, 2007
Same as BF!
49. Barefootontherocks
2:25 AM GMT on November 15, 2007
Hiya bug.
Thinking of you and trust you are having a wonderful time.
48. HurricaneGeek
2:06 AM GMT on November 15, 2007
hey i wanted to tell u I love that avatar of yours. the little bug lol!!!
47. SBKaren
2:04 AM GMT on November 15, 2007
As I recall, on the only cruise I have ever taken, it is quite costly to use the Internet on a cruise. She's better off using that money to buy an exotic cocktail and sit by the pool - we can wait! LOL
46. seflagamma
9:37 PM GMT on November 14, 2007
now I KNOW I posted here this morning because I was coming to see if Bug had gotten a chance to check in yet... but my post is not here??? and I read all of your posts so I know I was here... geeze.

HI Bug, hope all is well and you are having a great time!!! I know you are!!!
45. oakland
2:06 PM GMT on November 14, 2007
Mornin' {{Bugg}}

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.

Page: 1 | 2Blog Index

The Daily Bug

About palmettobug53

WU member since Oct. 2005. I enjoy reading, crafts, crosswords, puttering in the yard, old movies and hanging out with my friends on WU.

palmettobug53's Recent Photos