This and That

By: aSigiam , 8:54 PM GMT on November 24, 2010

Still looking for work in the DFW area. Ardmore has been good but it is time to get back home – that and this job ends in December.

The regional park at Ardmore will be missed. The deer have been coming out in the evening when I walk.

Finally made it to In-Sync Exotics in Wylie. They house several large cats and serve as a rescue center for them. Most of the cats were lying in sun taking a nap.

The little patio garden has done pretty well this year. The jalapeno plants are leaning over - just got too tall. What is great is that the habanero plants have produced. I have eaten several now, either on pizza or nachos. Hopefully, next year, I can plant some in the ground! Even thinking about planting a Naga Jolokia or “Ghost Pepper”.

I have been traveling down to Round Rock recently and have taken in some of the sites in the Austin area. For years I have seen the billboard advertising Inner Space Caverns. Well, I finally went. It is a neat little cave with all the requisite cave features. Also saw the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center – can’t wait to see it in the spring next year. One of the places I would like to see soon is Enchanted Rock.

Happy Thanksgiving y’all!

Habanero plants (aSigiam)
My patio habanero plants did well this last season.
Habanero plants
White Tiger (aSigiam)
White Tiger at In-Sync in Wylie
White Tiger
Lynx (aSigiam)
Lynk just sitting around at In-Sync in Wylie
Lynx
Nap Time (aSigiam)
One of the cougars napping at In-Sync in Wylie
Nap Time
Just Looking (aSigiam)
Yellow ladybug on a Mexican Petunia.
Just Looking
Just Me and My Shadow (aSigiam)
Katydid on a Pondarosa lemon leaf.
Just Me and My Shadow
Walk in the Park (aSigiam)
Just one of the sites on the walking trail at the regional park in Ardmore.
Walk in the Park
Sunset in Wylie (aSigiam)
We rarely get something like this around here.
Sunset in Wylie

8. aSigiam
4:08 AM GMT on January 05, 2011
WooHoo! I finally got some worthy sunset pictures to start the new year. It helps that the camera is not my old Cannon point and shoot.

Hi shore, sorry to here about your computer - you are wise to do backups.

"Terra Texas", I like that, maybe Terra Tejas I like that, too! A Texas bloggers retreat is a great idea!

Hi dragonfly, several things are lining up, yes this is going to be a really good year. Wishing you a great year!
7. dragonflyF15
5:16 PM GMT on January 04, 2011
Happy New Year! Hope 2011 is off to a good start for you :)

6. shoreacres
3:59 AM GMT on January 04, 2011
Hi, Sig! Happy New Year!

I've been late getting around - for one thing, my computer decided to go south and I made the mistake of messing with it myself, and trying to make it keep working while I did a few projects. I finally gave that up and took it off to be fixed. Lucky I did a complete backup of everything just three months ago. It won't be too traumatic.

I'm so glad you're back on Terra Texas! And yessir, you need to get to Ladybird's place in the spring. Maybe we should have a meetup for Texsas bloggers - and a stray Oklahoman, too, if barefoot wanted to come! It's so beautiful there - Enchanted Rock, too.

You need to go over and see Bogon's blog. I've not read it closely enough to remember the details, but he's just posted about a big cat rescue facility in the Carolinas. I think, but I'm not sure, that Kinky Friedman has some cats at his rescue ranch outside Kerrville - but his may be domestic cats and dogs & other critters, rather than the exotics.

So good to see you back. I'll be looking forward to your updates ;)

5. aSigiam
2:56 AM GMT on January 04, 2011
Thank you Barefoot - The Chickasaw Recreation Area is very nice also. I went in late fall so there was not much foliage but the springs and streams are interesting.

Hi GG, Thank you. I am so happy to be back here. In-Sync is the correct spelling - I need to correct that in the pictures, but it is a big cat rescue center near Lake Lavon in Wylie. I really want to go back and get some good pictures of the black panthers.
4. GardenGrrl
1:03 PM GMT on January 03, 2011
Happy New Year! Glad to see you back around town. Hope the new job is something you like.
The Big Cats are neat. What's In-Sync?
3. Barefootontherocks
2:15 AM GMT on January 03, 2011
Ardmore's nice. A little too big a town for me, maybe. I remember your blog on Turner Falls Park. I hope to get to the Chickasaw National Rec Area this spring or summer. I heard it's on a new U.S. quarter. Guess they're doing quarters of National Parks and Monuments now. I haven't seen any of them yet.

Thanks for leaving holiday greetings in my blog. Best Wishes in your "new" place!
2. aSigiam
5:08 AM GMT on January 01, 2011
Happy New Year to you too, Barefootontherocks. Yes, I am back home now, literally back in the house I was raised in Wylie. It is good, I am looking forward to the new year being - closer to my kids and with a job lined up. I will miss the slower pace of Ardmore.

1. Barefootontherocks
4:23 AM GMT on December 24, 2010
Those are some good photos. I guess you're back in Texas now. Best wishes for the holidays!

Dribbling Bits

About aSigiam

Gardening has been one of my hobbies as well as photography and just being outdoors.