Wunder Photo Problems

By: WunderYakuza , 9:08 PM GMT on February 13, 2007

I wanted to drop in quickly and give a quick status update on the Wunder Photo problems. There was a pretty serious failure this morning that we're still recovering from. There was no loss of data, so that's the positive news.

Right now we're running some rebuild scripts that are checking for problems in the photo data and dealing with the failure. We're also building in checks to stop this sort of failure from happening again, and making recovery time much faster. We hope to have the photo uploads and ratings back online today sometime, but we thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Update - The uploads are back on right now. Thanks for the patience everyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4Blog Index

Like I mentioned before..some people here have to be taken care of.
173. EmmyRose
5:15 AM GMT on February 22, 2007
Visit The Artist's Website!

BlogAdorn.com

Thanks!
172. Tazmanian
11:08 AM PST on February 21, 2007
lol why not this start a new blog then this takeing all the commets a way

starting a new blog would save you more time then this takeing all the commets a way that take up more of your time this some in to think about
171. Tazmanian
11:08 AM PST on February 21, 2007
169. Tazmanian
3:36 PM PST on February 20, 2007
aron i had 610 commets now its back down to 553 commets whats going on her and why am i losing so mean commets
168. Thunderstorm2
10:23 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
{{Changed comment}}
167. Harls11
4:23 PM CST on February 20, 2007
As I said 10 minutes ago, if you wish to continue this, because I know not everyone is able to just drop it, then stop by my blog here and do your fuming there. Otherwise yes, please stop cramping up Aaron's blog with all of this, the rest of the public is getting restless.
166. code1
10:15 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Okay, have kept my nose from being put out of joint long enough. Stop it! No, I am not the blog police, no, I am not any more important than any other here. Please just let admin deal with what needs to be done for the good of us all! If you wish to discuss this further, why don't you take it to your own blog. Not enough traffic for you? So sad, however, an admin blog is NOT the place for it!!! The masses use these for REAL needs. Please follow the rules of common courtesy to other bloggers and WU.
165. Thunderstorm2
10:19 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
I thought he was a nice man
164. Tazmanian
2:18 PM PST on February 20, 2007
he want to DESTROY this site
163. Harls11
4:18 PM CST on February 20, 2007
Taz, come to my blog to talk about this. I'm trying to get all the debating moved off this blog so we stop upsetting the community.
162. weatherboykris
10:18 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
STL is lying Taz.Just ban him from your email.He's stomping his feet like a baby.
161. Thunderstorm2
10:18 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Well he is going O.T.T
159. Wishcasterboy
10:02 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
This is off topic, but I find this topic to be of low importance. Did your mother ever tell you God has a plan for you.... well, he doesn't. You make the plans for yourself, and if you find yourself here talking, bickering, and or gossiping like I did, your plan isn't working. Rand & STL were banned unwittingly because of a flawed life plan. Please excuse me while I reassess my original plan.

todaloo!
158. sandiquiz
10:10 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Posted By: sandiquiz at 9:42 PM GMT on February 20, 2007.

Gentlemen - do you really think Aaron's blog is the place to dicuss this?
He will have to read through it all, to see if anyone genuinely needs his help.
Possibly, it would be wise to move to one of your own blogs to continue this conversation.

Copied and repeated 30 minutes later!
157. weatherboykris
10:09 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Rand posted a link late one night to an adult site(if you know what I mean)in H-season and was banned for a day.I wasn't there at the time so I don't know what was going on,but that's what I read the next day.
156. Harls11
4:10 PM CST on February 20, 2007
Here, let's get off this blog, I'll put up with the nonsense on mine to save a headache for those who don't care to deal with it.
Link
Post there at your own risk. If you don't want to deal with it, don't bother with going there.
154. Thunderstorm2
10:05 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Quick hit n Run Post. STL kept on getting burned about only talking about weather in St Louis and nowhere else. Rand didn't get a second chance i don't think unless i missed something.
153. weatherboykris
10:07 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
STL needs to show his maturity Taz,and if you're replying to him tell him I said that.It's his own fault he got banned.
152. weatherboykris
10:07 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
ok
151. sandiquiz
10:04 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Posted By: WSI at 10:03 PM GMT on February 20, 2007.

People, I think it needs to be dropped. It's over and done with. Time to move on.

I agree - there is no point in continuing - what is done is done. Time to drop it. Please.
150. Tazmanian
2:06 PM PST on February 20, 2007
now i got from STL he want to DESTROY this site
149. Harls11
4:05 PM CST on February 20, 2007
Anyway, I'm sure the others who don't care about this matter are sick of it being posted here on this off topic blog. The only reason it came here in the first place was so that Aaron could see what's going on. I'll host a blog specifically for this debate so we can move on. I'll post the link here in a minute.
148. weatherboykris
10:04 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Exactly Harls,and that's what I'm saying.If they didn't want to deal with each other they could've banned one another.
147. weatherboykris
10:02 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Well Harls,I'm kind of surprised Rand got a second chance in the first place.
146. Harls11
4:02 PM CST on February 20, 2007
Who cares if he talks about his weather on another person's blog? The weather in any place in the US affects the weather some how some way in any other place. Nothing wrong with sharing knowledge. If people don't like it, then ban him from a particular blog. We have our own set of admin tools for a reason.
145. louastu
10:02 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Is it a temporary ban or is it permanent?
144. Goodwatt
10:03 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
bye
143. WSI
10:02 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
142. Goodwatt
10:02 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
i had to do that after 2 emails from STL

yes i figured it out
141. louastu
10:00 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Goodwatt,

You can block e-mails from people you do not wish to recieve e-mails from.
140. Wishcasterboy
10:00 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Rand and STL are banned.
139. Goodwatt
10:00 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
MichaelSTL has been told by many people to keep his citys weather out of the conservations on other blogs not his own and he never seems to do it so i am glad hes making another handle now or something
138. Tazmanian
2:00 PM PST on February 20, 2007
: louastu STL got ban
137. louastu
9:58 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
I just got on, so I missed something. Would someone mind filling me in on what happened so I don't have to read through all the comments?
136. Goodwatt
9:58 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
also, aron has the ability to read my emails received and he will see that i am not lying. this is all truth.
135. Harls11
3:57 PM CST on February 20, 2007
Goodwatt it's this simple. There's a handy little feature in the email system called delete. Simply put if you do not like what you're seeing, delete it. I'd do the same thing if you were to send it to me. You've already told me and everyone else what he sent you, I'd rather not waste 15 seconds of my time seeing an obscene jesture.
134. Goodwatt
9:58 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
i think MichaelSTL is a troublemaker and his taste for emails reminds me other troublemakers. Wolf is sheep's cloth is what i say
133. Tazmanian
1:58 PM PST on February 20, 2007
nop i dont boy this blog is hoping today
132. Wishcasterboy
9:54 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
That's what I've always liked about this blog. Personal status does not get you any special favors from the higher kind.
131. Goodwatt
9:56 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
also i was giving my oppinnion on a subject that wassnot even in his blog and he called me names and sent me pictures of feces. would you appreciate that Harls11?
130. Harls11
3:54 PM CST on February 20, 2007
Agreed kris. However, as with anything you have to deal with the aftermath. And here I believe that it's simply not fair that rand had received a second chance after being banned before, and yet Michael does not receive a second chance. I'm not getting out of line here, I'm not cursing, I'm not threatening people, I'm just saying.
129. Tazmanian
1:55 PM PST on February 20, 2007
yes you do yes you do
128. Goodwatt
9:54 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Harls11, would you like me to email what the guy you are defedning sent me ?

127. weatherboykris
9:54 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Actually Harls,STL sent it through WU mail.
126. weatherboykris
9:52 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Here's what I think is the bottom line:
Rand started it becasue he was annoyed how STL always posts about Missouri weather.STL blatantly broke a rule,and is now facing the consequences.Rand broke a rule as well,and is also now facing the consequences.BOTH OF THEM BROKE THE RULES AND BOTH OF THEM ARE NOW BANNED.That's the rule,it doesn't matter how smart you are,or how much you know,or how much you're liked.You break a rule,you get punished.
125. Harls11
3:50 PM CST on February 20, 2007
All he's doing is trying to fan the fire. We were all in agreement here that Michael should be given another chance, and then this guy comes along and starts talking about supposed emails that he has gotten from Michael. So what? Even if he did send him emails like that, it's in no way affiliated with the weather underground, and didn't take place here, and thus his agenda is useless.
124. MisterPerfect
9:50 PM GMT on February 20, 2007
Get out of here with your confused logic.

No disrespect Harls, I believe Goodwatt was refering to the nasty emails he was ranting about but whatever.

Hey everyone, both of these guys are good people and both have decent weather knowledge. I'll miss them both if they are bannished. Lets drop this subject and get on with our lives...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4Blog Index

Aaron And The Art Of Code Fu

About WunderYakuza

Aaron is a Software Developer for the Weather Underground, and the creator of the Wunder Blogs.