Winter Cardinals Light Up the Days

By: WeatherWise , 2:14 PM GMT on January 04, 2014

Rainy Day Card... Exciting news this am as my rainy day cardianl went blue - AC! Still continues to be COLD today. Was in the teens earlier this am and is only 22 at 9 am. Winter is truly here! Promise of 42today. Hope it makes it there. Happy COLD Weekend!

9. WeatherWise
7:07 PM GMT on January 08, 2014
Yes, we did have the EXTREME cold temps and wind chill. Did not have to out except to add warm water to the bird bath. Today, I ventured out to noon Bible Study and to the post office. Temp was about 32 and has risen up to 39 so far. Nice and sunny - Hope it gets up to 40 so I can go for a walk. I miss it.
Take care and thanks for helping me with my blogging attempt.
Quoting 5. BriarCraft:
I see in the sidebar that you're included in that horrible Arctic Blast. I hope you don't have to go out in it except to feed the cardinals.
8. WunderAlertBot
3:15 AM GMT on January 08, 2014
WeatherWise has created a new entry.
7. WeatherWise
1:46 AM GMT on January 08, 2014
Hi Garden Girl! It is VERY cold here too. I started to blog about how cold it was this am but then thought everyone might be tired of hearing me. Hope you had a good day at work! Stay warm!
6. WeatherWise
1:42 AM GMT on January 08, 2014
Hi Linda, Thanks for your comment and your note. I wish you had cardinals in your area too. Honestly, I had never seen one in real life until one snowy day in 2004
5. BriarCraft
1:32 AM GMT on January 08, 2014
4. WeatherWise
1:25 AM GMT on January 08, 2014
Thanks, Picatso. I love the cardinals, too. They are quite exciting to watch. I find the red cardinal is so in touch and aware of everything around him. Like at the feeder, he senses the moment I come to the window or even pass by. The female cardinal does not nor do the bluejays or the little birds. Most of the time the red cardinal flies immediately. I have learned a lot about them just by watching them.
3. GardenGrrl
11:06 AM GMT on January 07, 2014
Good Morning. It's cold here. Now off to work. Bye.
2. BriarCraft
9:27 PM GMT on January 05, 2014
Keep the red birds and blue birds coming. I especially love those cute little cardinals, probably because we don't have any red birds where I live.
1. Picatso
2:32 PM GMT on January 04, 2014
Your "Rainy Day Cardinal" is a fabulous shot.

Of course, I like all the other bird pix as well.

Thank you for posting them.

Always Wondering About the Weather

About WeatherWise

Always wondering about the weather and looking for any wildlife, flower, bird, deer, butterfly, trees, etc. on daily walks with camera in hand.

WeatherWise's Recent Photos