291 Peace on Earth Images

By: SunsetSailor , 9:43 PM GMT on December 23, 2011

It's becoming a WUG holiday tradition.

This will be the fourth year for Peace on Earth photo message.The goal is for every photo uploaded during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to have the title of Peace on Earth becoming our collective message to the world. Everyone is welcome to participate and every year that participation has grown.

In the past I included all the holiday photos that carried that message in this blog as larger images. But the length of the scrolling time began to exceed the attention span of my viewers here (big smile) so I am trying to code/load the thumbnails and link them to their original WUG page.

I'd like to thank each of you who took a little time away from your families and friends to post these images that reflect your heartfelt desire for PEACE ON EARTH. So to you,my WeatherUnderground friends, I wish happiness and continued hopefulness always.

So listen to a little music and take a look at all these 2011 wunderful images.

8. SBKaren
11:20 PM GMT on December 31, 2011
Here's wishing a very Happy and Safe New Year's Eve to everyone - and a grand new 2012 tomorrow morning! Remember, the Rose Parade isn't on until Monday (for those that watch)! I won't know what to do tomorrow morning!

7. Wanda1948
7:25 PM GMT on December 27, 2011
Laura, this is a very beautiful tradition! Thank you for compiling all the pictures, "Peace on Earth"! This is a wonderful idea which I support! We all want peace on our planet!
Yours sincerely,
Wanda, Poland
6. SBKaren
2:10 AM GMT on December 27, 2011
Gosh - the photos, one and all, are all so pretty! This reminds me why I first came to Wunderground. I did come for the weather, but quickly came for the photos, but now I've made so many friends on the blogs that I never take the time to look at the photos. Time for a change with that!
5. RenoSoHill
10:58 PM GMT on December 24, 2011
Another fantastic project! Merry Christmas Laura and thank you for all you do.
4. SunsetSailor
7:58 PM GMT on December 24, 2011

3. maxa
10:20 AM GMT on December 24, 2011
Thank you, Laura, for keeping such nice idea and tradition.
Merry Christmas to all WU members and friends!
2. NumberWise
5:23 AM GMT on December 24, 2011
Thank you, Sunset Sailor! I always have loved these Peace on Earth photos.
1. SBKaren
12:24 AM GMT on December 24, 2011
I love that you are doing this again. Mine is still in the approval stage, but I know I can link it anyway!

Peace on Earth!!!

The Light Table

SunsetSailor doesn't have a bio yet.

Overcast