Wunderstation app now available for your PWS!

By: Kari Strenfel , 5:41 PM GMT on September 04, 2014

Hey PWS owerrs!

The new Wunderstation app from Weather Underground is now in the App Store! Available for ipads, this app is great to use as a weather station console,. All your PWS data right at your fingertips!

WunderStation allows you to customize how you view and analyze weather data. Add your station, and any station, from our network to your list of stations to compare current and historical conditions. Drag, drop, add or delete content widgets from the dashboard to view the data that's most important to you. What's really neat is you can expand each individual widget and toggle between an animated infographic view or a graph view to view historical data. It is all finger-friendly, so play with the graphics to go back in time to better analyze the data. In addition to the standard weather measurements, WunderStation can also chart your additional sensors (UV, solar radiation, etc). No need for a weather station console, when you have the console data available on an ipad!

More information avaialble here:
wunderground.com/wunderstation

Play around with it and send me your feedback. What do you love about it? What improvements would you like to see?

Have fun!
Kari

Page: 1 | 2 | 3Blog Index

129. Broncos347
4:51 PM GMT on February 23, 2017
Android version definitely needed, any chance a version is in the pipeline?
128. psychodox
3:14 PM GMT on February 18, 2017
I believe, at this point, they don't think that the owners of the mass majority of devices would buy stuff, or some app developers are afraid Android will consume apple if they release Android versions of their apps. Either way, not very "Underground"
127. Naxx
12:40 PM GMT on February 17, 2017
Make this app for Android !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
126. gyrex
12:56 PM GMT on February 12, 2017
When is this coming out for android?
125. lpoulas
4:18 PM GMT on February 04, 2017
Android request here too.
124. jfam5kj
6:50 PM GMT on January 17, 2017
Can we get this app for Android?
123. MiddleOfNowhere60102
3:12 PM GMT on November 20, 2016
Hi,
Is there a way you can check if you are getting my indoor data? It's not showing up on my iPad Wunderstation app. I am logged in.

Thanks!
Marc
122. caymanwindsurf
6:46 PM GMT on November 11, 2016
Any chance this will be made available on Android?
121. Nikopolidis
12:20 PM GMT on October 14, 2016
Android app!!!!!
120. wax0pal
11:06 PM GMT on October 05, 2016
Yet another 1 for the Android app.

I did the same thing as a previous poster and ordered a PWS w/out reading the fine print. Got so caught up on researching the features associated with the station itself that I did not even conceive of a situation where an android app would not be available. How in the name of all that is holy can you ignore 69% of the market?!?!? Why? Why? Why? I saw the Weather Underground app on google play and thought I was good to go. Missing out on a ton cool features.

How about just an update on the app, is it coming, is it scratched?

OPERATING SYSTEM-MARKET SHARE (per netmarketshare.com sept '16)

Market Share of Android Android - 69.18%
Market Share of iOS iOS - 25.02%
Market Share of Windows Phone Windows Phone - 2.35%
Market Share of Java ME Java ME - 1.43%
Market Share of Symbian Symbian - 1.11%
Market Share of BlackBerry BlackBerry - 0.85%
Market Share of Samsung Samsung - 0.04%
Market Share of Bada Bada - 0.01%
Market Share of Kindle Kindle - 0.01%
Market Share of LG LG - 0.00%
Market Share of Windows Mobile Windows Mobile - 0.00%
119. jmontagu13
1:23 PM GMT on October 05, 2016
Still no Android version after 2 years? Any update?
118. rgbii2
5:16 PM GMT on August 27, 2016
When can we expect an Android version of WunderStation?
117. K31Swiss
3:44 PM GMT on August 15, 2016
What happened to the indoor temperature widget in v1.2.4???
That was one of the most useful widgets, especially when you are away and want to check on your residence.
116. eweshere
3:40 PM GMT on August 15, 2016
I also would like an Android app. I want to look at my PWS when I'm away without firing up a Windows box somewhere. I have friends who also want to see the historical data from my station and they have Android phones. I wonder what percentage of your PWS contributors are Apple folk. There's lots of Android out there.
115. kc7cdd
12:12 AM GMT on August 13, 2016
+1 for an android app.
114. skylerwilliams
12:55 AM GMT on July 19, 2016
Any updates on the Android version please?

I'm sure there is enough interest to make this a paid app...
113. Douggf
12:55 AM GMT on May 20, 2016
I like how you can customize the tile layout in the app... It would be great if the layout could be cloned from one weather station to all the others. It seems as though you have to manipulate each one individually?

I would also like an Android version of the app!
112. Jano22222
6:53 AM GMT on May 02, 2016
And inndoor temp for Android ???????
111. missingspoke
12:23 AM GMT on March 31, 2016
Is there any info on the android app? I just purchased a Ambient 1001. I did not read the very fine print about wunderstation only working with ISO.. GRRRRRR....... ridiculous in this day of having apps for everything under the sun.
110. jackpbass
9:56 PM GMT on March 24, 2016
I guess the "additional resources" never came for that Android build. It's rather frustrating that WU never seems to have anything to say to us either.
109. skullx
10:41 AM GMT on March 24, 2016
Any ETA on an Android version?
108. paulchatwin
10:37 AM GMT on March 23, 2016
For those of you not seeing indoor temperature as a widget option when you click the + icon, you need to log into your account by clicking the settings icon. Took me a while to find out :)
107. MWest
9:30 AM GMT on February 26, 2016
Will this ever be available for Android?
106. saudio
11:03 PM GMT on February 08, 2016
I've been a big WunderStation user for several years, connected to my PWS. Lately there have been lots of issues where the temperature data is NOT available. There's nothing I can do to restore or resync the data... what's changed?,

Station KCASPRIN21. Everything else is working great, except this. Ideas?!
105. JonAndJess
11:42 PM GMT on February 05, 2016
Hi, will you look at creating a app for Android?
104. OkieNut
1:41 AM GMT on January 17, 2016
Im trying to add the indoor temp widget on an iPad. My ambient weather ip observer displays it on the ip tool but, the indoor temp app is not available to add on iPad mini.
Thx!
103. OkieNut
4:29 AM GMT on January 16, 2016
Thx!
102. iporty
8:58 AM GMT on December 27, 2015
It seems ridiculous that there is now way to access internal temperature without buying an ios device. When will there be a web or android option for viewing internal temperature without buying an ios device?
101. smartsys
8:24 AM GMT on December 18, 2015
Quoting 22. PWSmet:

Once we get additional resources, we will be building Wunderstation for Android! Don't worry, we have not forgotten about our Android users!
Kari

Is there any news on the Android version. We are almost 2 years further and still no sign of an Android based Wunderstation.
100. longbowct1
4:49 AM GMT on December 12, 2015
My station is KNDFARGO13 running a WMR918 Oregon Scientific PWS

I Like the Wunderstation app.

Can you tell me how to get the indoor temp to show on app? It says no data available but is transmitting.

Would be helpful when I am away.

99. RonERand
11:11 PM GMT on December 11, 2015
Hi Kari,
Any updates on the Android version of the wunderstation app?

Regards,
Ron E
98. strelniece
12:23 PM GMT on November 15, 2015
H
97. sydpub
1:38 PM GMT on October 29, 2015
I am able to see my indoor temperature on the Wunderstation app, but not humidity. Is there something different I should be doing for this.
96. treuddyn
11:24 AM GMT on September 24, 2015
I have a vantage vue set to transmit indoor temp and humidity using vws. Wunderstation displays temp but not humidity. Any suggestions
95. snowbase2
10:41 PM GMT on September 14, 2015
Hi Kari,
It looks like the data is being transmitted, it show up fine on cwop, mesonet and the davis site. It even show up on WU, just under the station name me5228! The knjmillt2 station says it is not reporting, but the map still shows temp, wind speed and direction. Anyway to restore the historical data?

Thanks,
John
94. Kari Strenfel , Meteorologist
6:13 PM GMT on September 09, 2015
Quoting 93. snowbase2:

Hi Kari,
my station,
knjmillt2 is showing not reporting, but is showing up as station me5228. historical data is gone.
any idea what happened?

Hi,
It looks like your station has not sent data to Weather Underground since Sept. 4th. I see you have a Davis station and are sending the data via WeatherLink. You need to make sure your WeatherLink software is still running and that the Weather Underground station ID and password are still entered correctly in the Weather Underground menu.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions,
Kari
93. snowbase2
10:16 PM GMT on September 06, 2015
Hi Kari,
my station,
any idea what happened?
92. Kari Strenfel , Meteorologist
7:22 PM GMT on August 21, 2015
Quoting 82. houstex:

I have a Davis Vantage Pro2+ connected to WU via meteobridge. When I view the live data on Meteobridge, the rainfall rate corresponds to the console reading. Ex: today, the max reading was 3 in/hr for both. However, when the rainfall rate is displayed on my WU graph, it displays the rainfall amt. for that event, not the actual rate. Any ideas on what is happening?
The weather station is KCOLITTL120.

I would like to help figure out the problem here. Is the data correct on your history page on Weather Underground? http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-stat ion/dashboard?ID=KCOLITTL120
Also, please note that the rainfall history does not update until "Today" is over.

Thanks,
Kari

91. Kari Strenfel , Meteorologist
7:20 PM GMT on August 21, 2015
Quoting 84. SimonB:

Why would the Wunderstation app say my PWS is not reporting, but the data is clearly visible on the website?

ID=IWESTERN457

EDIT: I notice all the stations in my area are not reporting so seems to be a general problem

If all the stations are not reporting in your app, your wifi signal may have been lost. I have seen this problem before and just reconnected to the wifi.

Thanks,
Kari
90. Kari Strenfel , Meteorologist
7:18 PM GMT on August 21, 2015
Quoting 81. TahoeMountain96150:

I have a Zephyr Instruments PWS 1000 Td I am using easy weather application my station address is KCA South 55. On my easy Weather information box it shows failure at the bottom of the page so I assume the data is not uploading. It has been over 24 hours and I checked the clocks and the connections not sure what to do next. I try clicking on the support tag to send a e-mail and it does nothing. I could use a little help with this problem

Thanks John

Hi,

I see your station is KCASOUTH58, not KCASOUTH55. And it looks like it is showing up just fine on the map and on our apps now. Are you still having this problem?

Thanks,
Kari
89. Kari Strenfel , Meteorologist
7:14 PM GMT on August 21, 2015
Quoting 79. JustCured:

Kari,

I am running a Davis Vantage Vue. I can see from my Meteobridge console that indoor data is being passed to WU. I cannot, however, find a widget in the WunderStation app that will show indoor data in the app.

Is this feature fully implemented?

Michael

Hi,
I see your indoor data is coming into our database. Are you sure you are logged into your Weather Underground account on the WunderStation App? You should be able to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the widgets to add another widget. (You also have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the "add widgets" window to find the indoor data.

Thanks,
Kari
88. Kari Strenfel , Meteorologist
7:09 PM GMT on August 21, 2015
Quoting 78. kn13654:

I love the app! I am however a little confused on the timing of the rainfall data, and when it actually displays in the widget. When it is raining see incremental increases in the "Today's Accumulation", as well as the "rate". When I drill down in the widget to see accumulation for: Today, Yesterday, Past 7 days, Past 30 days etc. the data does not match. A couple of day after the rainfall event it displays correctly. I know that it is reporting as it should because I can see it in the browser. Can you explain to me, or tell me where to find an explanation of how rainfall data is handled in the app?

Those do not update until "Today" is over, then it adds today's data into the history.
Thanks,
Kari
87. Kari Strenfel , Meteorologist
6:56 PM GMT on August 21, 2015
Quoting 77. Gman27284:

Running a Davis Vantage Pro2+, I cannot see any way to add an indoor temperature widget to the WunderStation App, or configure the weather widget to read indoor temp. Any thoughts?

Hi, your station is not sending us indoor data. This data is not in our database for your station.
Thanks,
Kari
86. Kari Strenfel , Meteorologist
6:40 PM GMT on August 21, 2015
Quoting 74. waz:

I am logged in but no indoor on the app. please help :)

I am seeing the indoor temp data for your station in our database. Can you send a screen shot so I can see where the problem is on your end? Feel free to email me if it is easier at kari@wunderground.com.

Thanks,
Kari
85. Kari Strenfel , Meteorologist
6:34 PM GMT on August 21, 2015
Quoting 71. STHELIERSNZ:

Hi Kari

I can see my PWS using my browser at http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-stati on/mypws but cannot find it using the wunderground Android app. In fact many personal weather stations do not appear to be visible using the app. Do I need to do anything to make my pws visible from the app?

Station ID: IAUCKLAN269

Thanks

The Android app does not yet allow for you to search for your weather station by typing in your station ID. We are working on adding that feature so it functions similarly to our other apps. You should be able to find your station by looking at your location on the map with your android device.
Thanks,
Kari
84. SimonB
5:42 AM GMT on June 16, 2015

ID=IWESTERN457

83. Quaffin1
11:44 AM GMT on June 15, 2015
Could you include a Radar Widget on this app. All info is great except no way to view Radar image of nearby area, when thunderstorms are moving in. I have this option on my iphone app.
82. houstex
4:20 AM GMT on June 11, 2015
The weather station is KCOLITTL120.
81. TahoeMountain96150
3:03 AM GMT on June 06, 2015

Thanks John
80. Ripshin
3:55 PM GMT on May 31, 2015
What good does an IOS app do for Android users, who, I believe, outnumber Apple users? So where's the Android app?
79. JustCured
4:38 PM GMT on April 30, 2015
Quoting 77. Gman27284:

Kari,

Is this feature fully implemented?

Michael

Page: 1 | 2 | 3Blog Index

PWSmet WunderBlog

About PWSmet

A gathering place for PWS owners to learn about setup, installation and maintenance. Regular features of owners doing cool things with their PWS data!

Recommended Links